What's new

Decreasing Time Between Functions

AMWeber

Reaction score
It currently takes about 20-22 seconds for low pressure product to make it out of the gun from both starting out and when changing from function to function. I feel like this is too slow. For example my first two functions are tire cleaner and pre-soak. When time starts it takes about 22 seconds for product to come out. Then when switched to pre-soak it takes 22 seconds again. Is there a way to speed this up? The lines are manifolded into the high pressure line back by the mechanical room. Do I need to move this out right above the bay to shorten the hose distance traveled before it makes it out of the gun?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Yes, most of us have the manifold right above the bay. Changeover time is MUCH faster, the only downsides that I know of are it's a little harder to access for maintenance, and it requires more hose/tubing to run each function to each bay. Well worth it though IMO.

MEP001

Reaction score
Earl Weiss will disagree, but I like individual adjustments for each line, except high volume ones like presoak and spot free. Increasing the pressure and reducing the flow will get the product to the gun really fast. Air on tire cleaner and presoak help speed it to the tip.

jack954

Reaction score
my manifolds are above my bay and it took 20 seconds for change over with both presoak and tire cleaner. i really started getting complaints last year when i raised prices to 2.50 for 4 minutes (24 sec per quarter). i felt the customer had a legitimate complaint. i ran the tire cleaner into round wheel scrub brushes (no changeover time) and ran my presoak through my tri-foam gun (3-4 sec changeover). much better application on both without wasted changeover time. very cheap highly successful upgrade

OurTown

Reaction score
my manifolds are above my bay and it took 20 seconds for change over with both presoak and tire cleaner. i really started getting complaints last year when i raised prices to 2.50 for 4 minutes (24 sec per quarter). i felt the customer had a legitimate complaint. i ran the tire cleaner into round wheel scrub brushes (no changeover time) and ran my presoak through my tri-foam gun (3-4 sec changeover). much better application on both without wasted changeover time. very cheap highly successful upgrade

Do you weep those in the winter or have a blow down/antifreeze system? Maybe you are in the deep south?

jack954

Reaction score
in the midwest. was already weeping my trifoam so that takes care of the presoak, run an antifreeze foam brush through the wheel scrub brushes under freezing temps