What's new

Dc power supply fuse -laserwash 4000

namor

Reaction score
Any help with my problem is appreciated.
My fuse from DC power supply on one of my Lasers is burned instantly on power up.Where should I start looking for a problem? Should I disconnect all inputs inside JO and try to connect one by one.... where is my short circuit...?
I really appreciate any ideas .....

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
unhook the red and white/red strip wires, if the fuse doesnt blow, there is a short in the dc system some where.
If you have a VT, unplug the power on the vt board first,put new fuse in and see if the fuse blows or not, if it doesnt blow, its probally one of the ultrasound sensors.

Call me at PDQ Tech Support and we can discuss in more detail.

Regards
Mike

namor

Reaction score
Mike
Thank you very,very much for your quick help. I did exactly what you told me to do it.It was one of my ultrasound sensors (passenger side has a small visible crack), I still have old style (blue color). I just disconnected from VT board and machine is up and running (stops at right limit ) ....... no more blown fuses..HURAAAA!
Somebody told me that I can not get those blue ones anymore.
Is that true? Do I need some type of upgrade for my VT ultrasound sensors...?

Mike

Reaction score
We no longer sell the old style blue sonics.
You can up grade to the new style black us sensors, the upgrade kit for both sides costs about the same as one blue sonic.
With the added benifit that if a sensor fails after the upgrade its much cheaper to replace.

If you find a spare blue ne make sure is the same part number as the one you replace, the left and right sides are programmed different and not interchangeable.

Regards
Mike

namor

Reaction score
Thank you for that information that the left and right sides are programmed different and not interchangeable. I was about to do that because passenger side is way more important at my location, driver side almost 99% stops at limit, unless customer with a really small size car stops to the right side.
I will upgrade to a new black sensors soon unless I will get lucky in finding used, working blue one with the right part number somewhere...
Again ,thank you very much for your help.