What's new

Danfoss Valves for Laser common problem

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering is there other people on this form that has problems with the Laser 4000 Danfoss valves going bad every 6 months it seems I have talked to other local operators where I live and they experience the same issue. I see that PDQ had the stainless upgrade kit for these and talked to a guy that installed them also and he couldn't tell a difference are there any other options out there to over come this. Thanks a lot. Thomas

part number I use is 3/8 Danfoss #EV220B
And stainless Hydra-flex injectors

bobcat9095

Reaction score
I have to change my Danfoss valve for my alkaline presoak every 2-3 months. The others last much longer. The harshness of the soap wears them out. Just a part of wear and tear I suppose.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Bobcat

I have the exact same situation just as often the Alkaline presoak and strong boosters are the main chemicals that clean on a touch free I don't know if it eats up the brass or the actual seals inside the valve we need to come up with a solution to this and sell it too every Laserwash 4000 operator in the industry and get paid

You would think PDQ and WashWorld would have already come up with a solution for this or this is good simple service call that a convience store owner would have to call the Distributor for a service call

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually have a WW Razor. So we could sell to WW owners too. haha. They actually have a rebuild kit for the Danfoss valves, but i usually just put a new valve in.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
its like if we could get Danfoss to build the entire body out of stainless with Vition seals in it you would be good I am sure they would last at least a year or two

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
FWIW, I use the Dema 3/8" stainless solenoids on our Lasers and our other automatics. The valve will come with the standard BUNA diaphragm, however, you can special order Viton diaphragms which is what I do. I have had better luck with the Viton ones on our other autos. We haven't owned the Lasers that long but we're using the same chemicals as our other washes and I expect the same results. Typically what will happen is that the diaphragm either swells or tears which requires replacement. Replacing a diaphragm though could be done every 4 months as PM at a cost of under $2/each if you want to be safe. Usually no reason to change the entire valve.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
hey sir where do you get the valves from kleen rite and special order the seals from part numbers anything thanks for help. You better count on the solinods to go bad on laser if they havnt already and sucking in multiple chemicals at once

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
hey sir where do you get the valves from kleen rite and special order the seals from part numbers anything thanks for help. You better count on the solinods to go bad on laser if they havnt already and sucking in multiple chemicals at once
Kleen-Rite part # SOD463ss24-din 3/8" DEMA 24v solenoid w/din style coil
Kleen-Rite part # SODP411512 Diaphragm Viton-463 Solenoid $5.28ea.

out of curiosity tdlconceptsllc does your keyboard not have any punctuation keys just wondering

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
On the Cell phone today buddy hard to be perfect on that. Thanks for part numbers though will have to give it a try.

gearhead

Reaction score
I use the same ones as GoBucks. Change diaphragms once a year. Coils and SS valve bodies have lasted 6+ years.

getnbusy

Reaction score
out of curiosity tdlconceptsllc does your keyboard not have any punctuation keys just wondering[/QUOTE]

bahahaha LOL. You had that comin Tommy