What's new

D&S 5000

Sharpshine

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my D&S 5000. I don’t think my presoak has enough pressure. I don’t have a regulator on it but the gauge reads about 90. Anyone else with a 5000 tag can tell me what their presoak is running? I’m just not getting any fanning action with my side spinners, just a stream. My power gloss comes out fine though.

MEP001

Reaction score
Look on the plumbing hanging off the pump for a small valve, make sure the valve is closed. Some of them for some reason have a bypass valve that dumps most of the pressure back to the pump inlet when it's open.

Is there any air coming out with the presoak?

Sharpshine

Reaction score
I don’t have a valve on my pump. Air is coming out but very little product. The check valve closest to the pump was bad. Replaced it but still not going much product.

MEP001

Reaction score
The solenoid might not be fully opening, pretty common on those. The pump may not be completely primed which will cause a loss of pressure. I used to add a union fitting in place of the long nipple coming up out of the elbow to make priming easier.

Sharpshine

Reaction score
Replaced the pump and fixed the problem, but do I really need this solenoid on it? I don’t understand what it’s purpose is.

MEP001

Reaction score
If there's only the one line coming off the pump, you really don't need the solenoid. It's a DEMA 453P, which won't hold gravity flow from the tank without some pressure behind it. A good high-pressure check valve with 5 PSI cracking pressure will do the same job. Most units have a second line that applies some presoak as the car enters, which would be when you need solenoids on the outlet.

Sharpshine

Reaction score
Thanks Mep. I only have one line and I have a check valve installed in it immediately after the dema valve. Seemed redundant to me.