What's new

D&S 5000 upgrade

ShineShed

Reaction score
Hey everyone thanks in advance to your feedback im new to the carwash business and could use some opinions. I have 1 wash location right now lookin to upgrade my 2000 D&S 5000 asap. Really lookin into complete i5000 system. Any thoughts on it? Def less moving parts to wear out better design. I can get a complete system used for $60k installed from my dealer i know new they are 100k he said. Would i be paying too much at 60k for a couple yr old refurbished i5000 gantry, pump station, and used stainless arches?? He said that comes with warranty, new sprockets, injectors and whatever else may be worn out.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I had an older unit, i didn't like it. Maybe new units are better. Ive seen some really busy, & some not.
If it works good, will create more business, then tear out & install for $60k isn't bad, as long as it has many new parts, a good warranty & it is total turn key

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Look hard into this person offering a "refurbished" machine. 60k sounds high for a used i5000. You can pick these up used for next to nothing, and for that price literally everything that moves should be new.

There was a local guy who was buying used Laser 4000 units for around $2,000 and selling them as "refurbished" for as much as $60k. All he did was paint the bridge with Krylon, or replace a few rusted bits to make it look new.

Jim64

Reaction score
I have one of each. The 5000i will save you money on water and chemicals Over the old 5000. The 5000i will not hold up as well, the gantry material is cheaply made compared to the old stainless gantry. If I was in the position to upgrade then I would spend the extra and buy a new IQ. It provides many more possibilities.

ShineShed

Reaction score
This is kinda how im feelin about it also i dont want to get taken on the deal. Ive tried finding i5000 used elsewhere and i cannot find any, ive been lookin on car wash consignment. I did look at xstream iba from the dealer in burlington uses zero degree nozzle design and those scare me in a way. My customers like the oscillating nozzles and rotating wands and is the #1 choice of touch free in my town from what i hear. $60k just seems high to me for a few grand of new parts replaced at most. This dealer did tell me that the new IQ systems will not last as long as the i5000s due to parts being smaller and such. He said 7-10 year lifespan out of an IQ system. He did tell me he would sell me the used i5000 system for $40k with no refurbished parts just used equipment no install no warranty. Im not real concerned wih warranty i can fix anything on it. And i dont think $20k extra is worth new sprockets and injectors. for $1200 i can put new sprockets on it myself and whatever odds and ends, but where else is there an i5000 for sale??? The stainless rails he sells for $3-4k used .

MEP001

Reaction score
$40k for a used machine is still way too much. I'd like to know why it's been removed - was it installed incorrectly and things are worn out prematurely? Has it already racked up 30,000 washes? Is it a lemon unit that was always breaking down? You're right, $20k will go a really long way in replacement parts.

The IQ machines are built lighter, but they're sophisticated and do a really good job. They're easier to work on because they're lighter. One person can remove and change a vertical brush assembly.

ShineShed

Reaction score
dealer says he has no idea of the wash count and that theres no way i could see that even once power was hooked up to unit. Anyone on here know of any spots to check for used iba systems for sale? Im open to hear about other touchless machines also

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
Ive got a 2006 super 5000.... Just saying... It does have very low wash count and shows very little wear. $5000. no auto cashier and you have to use the air treadle from your 5000 because the one I got with this one is going in my 5000. seems to have many improvements over the 5000, vehicle sizing for one. still has side spinners and gantry are as if they were taken off a 5000. pump stand is updated from the 5000, uses injectors instead of hydrominders. comes with manual, rails etc. If I don't sell it, I will probably replace my 5000 with it someday when it dies.... again.