What's new

D&S 5000 "HOME" position?

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
My D&S 5000 is home at a spot of weld at the arch about 1/4 in from the enterance. I have noticed another spot about 1/4th from the exit. When my top wash cylces, it sprays presoak from the start, forward, then all teh way to the back and then again to the front so the front 3/4 of the car get 3 passes. I am using a little more presoak than I think I should. Should I have it home at the spot more near the exit? when I tried it there, it seemed to try to overshoot, hit limits, etc. but still maybe something else is not correct (hydraulic lines reversed? should it go back before it comes forward (it does this on cheaper wash packages).

ShineShed

Reaction score
Dan-Ark i also have a d&s 5000. And ya home is the weld spot more towards the exit side of the arch and it should go to the front of car first thats what mine does with no problems. I too use too much soap wich these units are known for doing. One thing i just did this week was increase my air assist pressure on the presoak line. The previous owner had the air assist at 30psi and my presoak was applied to car very watery and runny. Since I increased the pre soak air pressure from 30-50psi (approx) the presoak foams more and sticks to the car better. My chemical rep said i will easily use 20% less chemical by raising the presoak air by 20psi. Hope this helps.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm getting a nice foamy coating. just seems like it is travelling to many times back and forth. I'll try rehoming it at the "exit" side weld spot.

ShineShed

Reaction score
I gotchya, ive struggled with the foamy presoak i think i need to replace check valves where air is injected. my D&S distributor told me thats where “home” is thats how i know. Hes been with d&s for decades . Im glad im not the only one on here running a 5000 still!

MEP001

Reaction score
It's definitely supposed to be homed toward the exit.

I usually put it about a foot behind the spot toward the exit. Most machines I've seen/serviced have the in-position "STOP" light so close to the machine that you can't see it behind the arm.

ShineShed

Reaction score
Mep001 you run a service business for iba systems then? Have you worked on the updated i5000 yet?

MEP001

Reaction score
I used to work for a distributor who sold/installed D&S equipment, but that was before the i5000 even came out.

Aldave

Reaction score
How do I re home my d&s 5000? I believe that’s what it’s called. My gantry used to be at the exit and now it is at the entrance end of my wash . I’m a newbie!!

ShineShed

Reaction score
Inside your plc cabinet theres a switch for hydraulica in upper left corner flip it to manual then go out in the bay and put 1 hand over the photo eye (rear photo eye to move gantry forward, and cover front eye to move gantry backwards. Walk the gantry to the weld button on rail on exit side just before the floor treadle. Then go back in and flip that switch in cabinet straight from manual down to reset real quick. It is now set to home.

MEP001

Reaction score
Then go back in and flip that switch in cabinet straight from manual down to reset real quick. It is now set to home.
Correct, just to be clear you want to flip it PAST the center "Run" position to "Reset' quickly and then release it. I've had that not work on some machines, in which case you bring the gantry to home, then turn off breaker #6 and wait at least 10 seconds, then you can move the switch back to "Run" and turn the breaker on. You'll also have to go into the controller and set it back to use the custom wash setups.

Aldave

Reaction score
Correct, just to be clear you want to flip it PAST the center "Run" position to "Reset' quickly and then release it. I've had that not work on some machines, in which case you bring the gantry to home, then turn off breaker #6 and wait at least 10 seconds, then you can move the switch back to "Run" and turn the breaker on. You'll also have to go into the controller and set it back to use the custom wash setups.

Can you walk me through how to go in and select use custom wash setup? I enter my password and it says choose default or custom wash. After that I’m lost!!

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
When the D in "Default" is flashing, just press + and it will switch to Custom, then exit the same way you did in your video.

It's much faster to scroll through the menus by pressing right arrow since it will move the text one block at a time.