What's new

Cryptopay upgrade for Hamilton ACW 4/5

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I just ordered the kit but then saw a post on a FB car wash page referencing hiccups with the Goldline kit. I figured those that have done the ACW 4/5 upgrade might be able to share the little nuances that aren’t apparent until you install it. Obviously the Goldline and ACW 4/5 are different so this maybe a non-issue but one of the complaints was that custom wash package names wouldn’t work with the crypto pay display? Someone else replied that as long as the first prompt was ‘welcome’, it works fine. Cryptopay installation instructions couldn’t be more bare-bones so if there are real issues you would have no idea in advance. Any enlightenment is welcome.

As a side note…I have two Wash Select Cryptopay setups and couldn’t be happier.

OurTown

Reaction score
It has been four years ago but on our Goldline kit we could not have custom wash names. There were a lot of standard ones to choose from and many were close enough.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Thanks Our Town. Im installing on a ACW 4/5 not a Goldline. So if I have custom names on a 4/5 what does the display show when they select a wash?

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks Our Town. Im installing on a ACW 4/5 not a great Goldline. So if I have custom names on a 4/5 what does the display show when they select a wash?
I don't believe it will display your custom names, you could try it.

OurTown

Reaction score
Thanks Our Town. Im installing on a ACW 4/5 not a great Goldline. So if I have custom names on a 4/5 what does the display show when they select a wash?

There are a ton of "stock" names to choose from. Out of our four wash package names we only found one that is only sort of close. The rest were pretty close but they are kinda generic names in the first place. If you have special names that go with your branding then that will be an issue. I think most customers go by the price anyway and we do that too when asking a customer which wash they selected.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
I'll have to call Cryptopay and see what they say as I have no easy way of testing if the custom names will work. This is the kind of crap that drives me crazy! Why not disclose these little issues on their website. I even watched all the installation videos to see if they hid it in there like they did when they stopped providing the Lexan faces and switched to decals for the Wash Select kits. The "Stock" names that are programmed into the ACW 4/5 controller are horrible. When people are buying a $20 wash with Hot Wax or Ceramic they don't get much affirmation when they see "Lemon Wax".:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: APW

Starrwash

Reaction score
I have installed on the acw 4/5 works fine good support. Many wash names available and I believe you can customize but takes some time. Had installed over 4 years and by the way the tap pay is a great addition and worth adding

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
Pat, are the names at carpool custom? If so they work on an acw 5 with crytopay. I kept Washgear for swipe and used crytopay for tap only and just left the swiper on the inside of the cabinet.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
I talked to someone at Cryptopay today and he said I could try the custom names but he has found on their test unit that 90% of the time they don't display correctly. There is a pre-programmed wash name that simply says "wash". I'll probably use that for each selection, that way when they select a wash it will alternate between the price and "wash".

After seeing how many use the Cryptotap on my Wash Select conversion I'm defintely adding it to the ACW conversion.