What's new

Cryptopay swiper push switch (button) issue

1carwash1

Reaction score
Just installed Cryptopay and new Dixmor LED 9 timers. On one of the bays, it seems like it requires multiple pushes of the stop button (count up mode ) before the Dixmor timer ends the cycle and displays the credit card charges. I just noticed this this evening and don't know if there is a delay when the swiper button is pushed or do I have a defective swiper or perhaps timer. Is the swiper button soldered in? Is it possible to get a replacement? Thanks

Starrwash

Reaction score
Mine must operate at least 30 seconds before the button will shut off and display charges. Are you trying to stop too soon?

MEP001

Reaction score
Cryptopay has a one year warranty on their hardware, which they will void if you open it to replace the button. If it turns out to be bad, they will replace it under warranty. If you eventually do have a bad button after the warranty is up, they are soldered to wires, not directly to a board. It's very easy to replace the button, and they're only a few dollars. You can even get a red lit one.

There is a 30 second delay before it will cancel to prevent customers from stopping it on accident. I've watched many people swipe their card and immediately press the button.

MEP001

Reaction score
Either way there's a 30 second delay before the button will do anything.

Have you considered replacing the timers and going count-up?

cooll903

Reaction score
Either way there's a 30 second delay before the button will do anything.

Have you considered replacing the timers and going count-up?
what are the pros to going count up vs count down?

MEP001

Reaction score
The main one is that your customers will spend more because they can just swipe and wash non-stop without worrying so much about the cost. It also helps that they can't soap up the car and let the time run out while they dry-brush. Count-down has little advantage to you over cash other than bringing in customers who don't carry cash.

In my experience, customers spend about 20% more to wash their car with count-up CC vs cash.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Us older folks recall a game show called "Beat the Clock" where a task had to be completed before time runs out. You see this happening with count down. Sometimes they have someone with them reading off the remaining time as they wash. Count up reduces that mindset.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Us older folks recall a game show called "Beat the Clock" where a task had to be completed before time runs out. You see this happening with count down. Sometimes they have someone with them reading off the remaining time as they wash. Count up reduces that mindset.
Earl & others,

When I suggest to my self service car wash customers to just put in a larger bill into the up to $20 bill acceptors ... it is just like a credit card ... you don't have to worry about anything ... all blue sky.

I usually ... not always ... get a chuckle out of them.

MEP001

Reaction score
When I suggest to my self service car wash customers to just put in a larger bill into the up to $20 bill acceptors ... it is just like a credit card ... you don't have to worry about anything ... all blue sky.

I usually ... not always ... get a chuckle out of them.
Kindly stop posting your irrelevant comments in an attempt to change the subject in favor of your anti-credit card agenda.