What's new

Cryptopay-Not connected Site status

Damoni88

Reaction score
Just noticed this morning when checking my cryptopay account that all ss bay swipers and iba retrofit kit swiper shows not connected. Yesterday was a huge day and show last posted swipe was at noon. Looked at my cameras and people did use the credit card swiper ALOT after the noon time frame. Obviously the coordinator is down but swipers still working. Did the swipers give away free washes or will the post once coordinator is back online. Kinda in panic mode now.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Really? I was so afraid i gave away washes and lost about $600-700$. Was trying to find info on this. Thanks for responding.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The swipers will hold a certain number of transactions in memory. I can't remember the exact number but IIRC it is around 100 transactions-88 comes to mind but that could be wrong. They are smart enough that when the memory is full, they will transfer card transaction data to another swiper for storage and uploading when internet connectivity is restored. Your only risk is that the system authorizes all cards if the mag stripe data is valid (an actual credit card within the expiration date). In other words someone may have gotten authorized for washing that you won't get paid for, but IMO that's a small price to pay to be up on a busy Saturday .