What's new

Cryptopay install small boxes

TMJ

Reaction score
Just wanted to share something I built so I could install Cryptopay on small coin boxes without having to buy new coin boxes. Have been on almost a year now without a single issue. Pics were shrunk so they’re small enough to upload. Can give more details if anyone interested.

6C0D4300-0EB3-47D3-B9DC-B03B350E941F.jpeg 4FB39538-0F2A-4E4D-8890-97E9E918A10E.jpeg

kg00273

Reaction score
Are they welded to your main boxes or did you use bolts? Either way they look good with plenty of clearance for the "aggressive swiper".

TMJ

Reaction score
They are bolted, and the reason being the holes align with the screws for the swiper, so while it’s off you put a screwdriver through those holes to tighten the swiper down, then you bolt through those holes to the box with silicone and it’s water tight. I have vaults so putting in a bigger box and getting the pipe to the vault lined up with the coin acceptor would be more hassle than it’s worth.

kg00273

Reaction score
We've been thinking of a way to get CryptoPay on our vacs. The faceplates are too small for the swipers to fit, but your way sounds like the best option. Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Reaction score
What are the dimensions of those face plates?

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I was talking about the coin box face plate not the cryptopay add on box you made.

TMJ

Reaction score
That what I started trying to build, but ended up liking an angle better for my setup. If I couldn’t cut and weld it myself out of scrap I would buy those.

MEP001

Reaction score
I used the ones off kleenrite
Those are made by Laurel Metals.

I suggest having custom signage/decals made that say "Press flashing green button to end charges." It's a lot less confusing to people. I've watched customers press the "STOP" label on the rotary switch.

OurTown

Reaction score
Those are made by Laurel Metals.

I suggest having custom signage/decals made that say "Press flashing green button to end charges." It's a lot less confusing to people. I've watched customers press the "STOP" label on the rotary switch.

Also, (as I'm sure you know but some here may not) you can program a custom message to display during count up on an LED6. We have ours set up to display count up money and the message that alternates between showing the amount and message is something like "tap green button to stop". (I forget exactly what it says) I'm not sure how much it helps because we get new customers all the time and count up is so foreign to some people that they just can't figure it out.