What's new

Crypto Pay

fastlx

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I will be adding crypto pay to my wash bays tomorrow. I just want your opinion on my setup. Thanks.

I presently use DIXMOR Led 7 with 7.33 firmware. I think this is compatible with count up on the crypto pay system. Is count up the best?

I start the wash at $4.00 now with cash or coins for 5 minutes. What is your opinion on the min and max charge for the Crypropay.

I was thinking start at the same $4.00 and go to a max of $12.00 with a impulse of .25 cents equals 25 seconds.

All Input is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Vic

Starrwash

Reaction score
I count up for sure! $3 for 5 minutes. $15 stop. I did experience learning curve for customers, but seldom get called if meter allowed to run up to $15.

MEP001

Reaction score
I was thinking start at the same $4.00 and go to a max of $12.00 with a impulse of .25 cents equals 25 seconds.
When I first dealt with CC acceptance in the bays almost 15 years ago, I programmed a max of $10 mainly to prevent excessive charges in case someone didn't stop the transaction. I eventually rigged it so when they turned the switch to the STOP position it would trigger the end transaction circuit, and eliminated the button. After doing that everything was fine, except about once a week I either saw someone do it or they commented to me how they "reached the limit" and had to use cash to finish, so I raised it to $15. I watched the reports after that and almost never saw a max $15 spent, and of those few there was usually another smaller transaction after it so I never felt like I had to raise it above $15.

fastlx

Reaction score
CryptoPay addition went well. lets see what happens. How many swipers can one coordinator work with? Also, is it worth it for the vacuums?

Thanks everyone.

Vic

David Rolf

Reaction score
Mine is $3.50 start for 5 1/2 mins $16 Max. One other thing to consider is calling Cryptopay and lowering the hold charge on cards. When I first installed mine I received calls on why a $10 charge was on the transaction. I got tired and telling them and since then never had a disputed charge. As for the vacuums I installed them all on mine. The reason was my coin bins were filling up so fast I had to make two trips a week over the empty them. This took the pressure off the vaults and less travel costs. Depending on which coin mechs you have you may have to upgrade to be able to count coin pulses.

MEP001

Reaction score
CryptoPay addition went well. lets see what happens. How many swipers can one coordinator work with? Also, is it worth it for the vacuums?

Thanks everyone.

Vic
I don't remember the exact number of swipers per coordinator, but it's over 100.

I only know one person who has put them on vacs, don't know his numbers but he's happy with the use they get. We just set them up count-down, $2 per swipe ($1 cash), button disabled. He gets lots of comments from folks liking that it's cashless.