What's new

Cost?

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW Petco offers self-serve tubs, $10 unlimited time and they provide shampoo, conditioners and towels.

Creole

Reaction score
Nearest petco to us is Enid, 96 miles away and not sure it's petco or petsmart honestly. No competition for a self service pet wash in the area unless groomers and vet's are considered competition. Really hard to determine what the ROI might be at this point but I think we're going to give it a go.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Do you have a employee/ presence onsite all day during normal business hours? Because, IMHO, the dog wash needs more attention than anything else in my wash.

Carl

Reaction score
$2.00 for 2.5 Minutes Minimum to Start

$2.00 for 2.5 minutes minimum to start. Opened in 2003. Same price for 13 years but recently installed new higher velocity warm blowers which are helping total time used per dog wash increase a bit. Customers love our two dog wash tubs. Staff my sscw 78 hours a week w/ an attendant primarily because of the dog wash tubs needing constant cleanup but having an attendant on site really does make for a higher quality wash experience for customers in a self-service setting where problems can often times go wrong.

mrfixit

Reaction score
5.00 for 7 min, one of the first all paws units, rual town 3800 ppl nearest city half hour away... Its been that price since opening it 6 years ago.. Have the benifit of a vet office on the block.

Ive moved to cleaning the dog wash as little as possible to keep it clean. Going hog wild after every dog is ridiculous to me. Doesn't pay if it have to do that amount of upkeep. But probably every third dog is a bad one that makes a mess. I'll full wash down twice a day or more when its busy. One of us is here when its a real busy day at the wash to keep up with it. Water hose sprayer quickly washes the whole area. Those inbetween can rinse the tub quick before they put their dog in if its bad...maybe have some consideration for the next guy. Otherwise ill have to raise the price.

I understand its hard to clean up after themselves with a wild dog. But it also doesnt need to be cleaner than thier own shower. It is a dog wash.

Keeping the smell at bay is the most important thing. That will drive them away more than anything. And these things can stink to high heaven depending on the drain setups..

Last edited:

splashngocornwall

Reaction score
We're at $7 for 10 minutes. Up from $5 for 7 minutes when we opened in 2012.

Honestly, if I we're to do it all over again I would probably price it at $10 minimum simply because of the man time involved in keeping it clean. At $5 per dog ($4,43 after remitting taxes) I can't afford to be spending any time in there or I'm doing it for under the minimum wage. And for the most part, you should clean up after every dog or it can get real messy, real fast.

So price high enough to make it worth your while and only if you're already staffed. It won't bring in enough money to justify an employee but if someone's already there then 10 minutes cleanups isn't a big deal.

Buzz

Reaction score
Mr. Clean, I see your thread is closed for Ring-O-Matic. Does this mean it is sold?

MEP001

Reaction score
All the ads in the Classified sub-forum are closed almost right after they're posted.