What's new

Considering a potential location

Jdbrocious

Reaction score
I'm looking into an Express wash on an empty pad next to a Walmart and numerous other businesses. I've heard that being on a corner with a light is ideal, but this spot would be set back slightly and still visible from the light.

We own an auto repair garage today that has limited visibility across town, so this is also a way to get some brand recognition for our other business.

Any experience with in-plaza out parcels?
About 42,000 avg daily traffic on the main rd. General demographics and aerial attached...red circle is the parcel.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Wash Edge

Reaction score
JD,

I like where your head is at, being in the retail hub is important, and I've seen many new express exterior sites near Walmart, so you are on the right track.

I would caution against being so deep into the development since you do want visibility, I would go with somehing in this area but closer to the road for visibility.

It really pays (pun intended) to spend a lot of money on your dirt, you want the best location in a market, and you normally dont find those for "cheap" prices, but the volume of washed cars you get from these "A" locations, more than offsets a higher land value usually.

You are better off near those signals, directly on the main roads.

I wish you well, and let me know if you have narrowed down your search further, I'd love to see if you had any other sites you were looking at.

Thanks,

Adam
WashEdge - Car Wash Consulting

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
The site looks HUGE.
Looks like you have large frontage on the Main Street and with 1 stop light intersection which turns in to the complex close to the your site and another road frontage on one other side.
Not sure what type of wash you’re thinking about building.
Being that you have a repair shop across town I would consider, if possible, use the new site for a car wash and auto repair(#2) shop on the site. The three business will feed off each other, word of mouth and help with the cost advertising split between the 3 businesses.
You should advertise a FREE WASH with oil change or a FREE oil change with a yearly car wash membership at either repair shops, car wash and on both roads.