What's new

Complete Car Care

RuchikaSood

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just published this article about Complete Car Care but wanted to share a short-and-sweet chapter 1 version here ( it has total 6 detailed chapters)

Complete Car Care

It is no secret that to keep your car in excellent condition is a very important skill.

In fact, it’s not really straight forward but with few things and simple DIY tricks you can save huge money.

Fortunately, I have done the hard work for you with complete car care guide.

If you want to keep your car in excellent condition, odour free and want more mileage, here is the complete car care guide.

Complete Car Care -
Definitive Guide (2019)

In this guide, I’m going to show you everything that you need to keep your car in excellent condition

without spending a penny ...

like a PRO...

and at home ...

https://parkingcorner.co.uk/complete-car-care/#chapter4

CHAPTER 1
Clean your car Interior

Your car Interior is very important.

In the first chapter of Complete Car Care guide, I will explain how you can keep your car interior like fresh and feeling like brand new. Simply, like a professional.
How to clean your car Interior
Let's first see what you need to clean your car from inside to clean it like a professional.

Professional car cleaning is not cheap. It will cost anywhere from $100 to $600.
But doing it yourself is not that hard.
In this section, you will find the step by step procedure to do it.
1. Empty your car

2. Deal with smells of car interior
Before starting any cleaning in your car interior, you should deal with the smell.

Over time it's quite common that car upholstery absorbs stains and smell.

And the good news is it's quite straight forward to deal with this. And here are steps.
Take two cups of white vinegar.

Just put them inside the car, Preferably one on the car dashboard and other on the back seat.

Make sure all the windows and doors are closed and leave those white vinegar bowl overnight in the car.

White vinegar should effectively absorb all the smells from the car.

And in the morning remove white vinegar cups from your car and open the car windows for a few hours, so the smell of vinegar completely disappears.
3. Hoover the Car from the inside
(a) Hoover the carpet

As we have all car mats and other stuff out from the car, it's time to vacuum the car carpet.

Car carpet is an excellent place to start. Vacuum the carpet completely. You might have to use different attachments with your hoover. I found the brush with medium stiff works well.
(b) Hoover the car seats
Now you are done with the carpets. It's time to clean the car seats.

You need to hoover the car seats with a medium stiff brush. But for the car seat corners, you might need different attachment.

I have tried with a soft brush, but the results are a little different. I noticed a few times after using a soft brush; you can find that some dirt that has stuck in the fibres.

With soft brush, vacuuming removes dirt that is on the seat surface. So I prefer to use medium stiff brush especially for carp

There are few places where vacuum cleaner cannot reach like vents. Here you can use a soft brush to remove the dirt and dust.
(c) Deal with car carpet stains
Remember, you did the hoover, to clean the dirt. There might be old car carpet stains.

If yes, then here is the way to deal with carpet stains.

And I have used this couple of time, and it works!

Take a 2 to 3 litre of hot water, add a generous amount of dish detergent and add a cup of white vinegar.

Why white vinegar? Because it is the most aggressive vinegar and It's a popular type of vinegar you can find in your kitchen.

Now the only thing you need a thick brush to work the mixture thoroughly into the carpet stain. Just wait for 25 to 35 minutes.

Blot until dry with towels or thick absorbent rags.

It will work for any general stain includes pet stains.
(d) Deal with car seat stains
As a mum, I can tell you - most of the times you can avoid eating in the car, especially with kids.

And here you can use some easy tricks to clean your car stains ( they can be from any reason like coffee, soda spills or alcohol.

But before that, let's see what kind of material is used in your car seats.

Most of the time three kinds of material used for the car seats
(i) Leather
(ii) Vinyl
(iii) Cloth upholstery

It's a little bit different to deal with different material. Let's dive in.
  1. 1
    Leather Car Seats - Leather seats are expensive, and many experts will advise you that it's better to wipe up spills as soon as they hit your car seat.
    But?

It might not be possible as you might driving that time. Here are my favourite three-technique to clean the stains from leather seats.

But before more details, please remember never use any bleach or ammonia-based cleaners as they can damage your leather seats.

Toothpaste
    - Apply little non-gel based toothpaste on the stained area.
    - You can use an old toothbrush or any other brush to scrub the stain gently.
    - Wipe the area with a clean cloth & dry it preferably with a cotton cloth.

Nail Polish Remover
    - Take nail polish remover and dip a cotton swab in it. Then blot the stain.
    - Once done, clean the area with a mild solution of liquid dish soap and warm water.
    - Wipe with a clean, damp cloth. You can also use rubbing alcohol instead of Nail polish remover.

Baking Soda
    It's perfect for removing hard stains.
    Just take a damp cloth and sprinkle on the affected area.
    Baking soda will work, but you have to wait for a few hours or preferably overnight as the baking soda will absorb the grease.
    It's just time to wipe off the powder with a soft cotton cloth.
  2. 2
    Vinyl Car Seats
    As compare to leather car seats, Vinyl car seats are very quick and easy to clean.

Here are the steps (hot water cleaning)
    - Take 2 to 3 tablespoon of dishwashing soap in 1 to 2 litre of warm water.
    - Mix it slowly and apply the solution to the vinyl seats
    - You can use a scrubbing brush to remove tough stains.
    - Dry the seats after cleaning, and you are ready to use.

Also for tougher stains, you can use dip a cotton swab in nail polish remover and blot the stain.
  3. 3
    Cloth Car Seats
    There are many ways to clean cloth car seats

For the Cloth upholstery car seats (CO2 cleaning)
    You can use Carbonated water or soda water.
    Why?
    Carbonated water containing dissolved carbon dioxide gas and It is excellent for use on delicate surfaces.

You can lightly spray soda water on the stained area of your car seat.
    Then with a brush scrub away the stain. And now you can clean it with another clean cloth.

Do you remember the Hot water cleaning ( we used for Vinyl seats? We can use the same technique to clean fabric/cloth seats as well.

Vinegar Technique
    Take a cup of vinegar from your kitchen. Add a few drops ( 1 tbs) of dish soap and mix it in 2 to 3 litre of hot water in a bucket. Mix it properly and then dab the mixture into the stain.
    Use a brush to scrub it out of the seat, use clean water to rinse the position off.

With Ammonia
    Take 1 cup of lukewarm water and 1/4 ammonia. Use a clean washcloth or a clean sponge to wipe down the stained area. DO NOT SCRUB.

This mixture can help in many ways like restore the color. Also, car carpets will start looking good after many years of service.
4. Windows and Mirrors
On your car windows, dust collects after a few days. And if you have kids, you can see their handprints on your windows and mirrors.

So how you clean them effectively at home.

• With Ammonia
    Take two tablespoons of ammonia, half cup rubbing alcohol — 1/4 teaspoon of mild non-antibacterial dishwashing liquid.
    Add this mixture into a spray bottle. Then spray it on windows, just as you would commercial glass cleaner, and wipe.
    Use newspaper with your homemade cleaner, it is more effective.

Why Is Newspaper better than cloth?

Because the paper itself has a different texture that helps cut through dust and dirt. And you feel it will clean the glass effortlessly.

• Use coffee filters
    Coffee filters are inexpensive, and you can also find them in your kitchen.
    Because coffee filters are tear-resistant and lint-free, so it makes them ideal for window cleaning.

• Baby wipes
    Baby wipes also contain ammonia free cleaning ingredients that work on well on your car windows. Keeping baby wipes in your car is good as its easy way to clean at any time.

I prefer to keep one always in my car. It works well with my little one too.

RuchikaSood

Reaction score
This site is for owners of car washes. From the little bit I read it appears to be well written, but for the novice or home washer. I'm afraid we are not your target audience.
Thank you for your reply & for showing the right direction !