What's new

Color Scheme for our Car Wash

Which theme you like the best

Results are only viewable after voting.

safari_CW

Reaction score
Hello,

We are about to buy a new car wash and working out new color schematics for it. We are changing the name to "Safari Car Wash" and here are some graphical representations of the color schematics we came up with.

Would appreciate if you vote the best one among these and help us finalize the best.

Thanks.

Attachments

mac

Reaction score
This is a great topic of discussion. Soooo many washes are painted by guys who can’t even match their socks. My wash, recently bought, looks like an old pawn shop. Can you please tell me what program you used for this demo as I am planning to paint mine. Liked 4. I want to break up the look by going with two shades separated by a darker accent line.

safari_CW

Reaction score
@mac Thanks for the feedback Mac. We have a friend who is graphic design professional and he is helping us with the themes. He is overseas, but I am sure he is using Adode Photoshop to come up with these themes.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I would definitely go with No. 2. It's bright and will attract attention from the road. Yellow and orange are considered the best marketing colors. Consider your Shell and Texaco stations. And of course, being Cheetah Express, I love the safari theme! We used orange as the base color for our glass building. Your goal is to be highly visible. See pic.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
I liked 4 at first because of the earthy colors, but I changed my vote to 2 because it really pops.

This guy has really done a lot with his theme, even if the building itself is completely plain. Just look at all the local media coverage (free advertisement) he's gotten:

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Do you have to get a permit for this?

My city would never approve 3 out of 4 of those color schemes.

Etowah

safari_CW

Reaction score
Do you have to get a permit for this?

My city would never approve 3 out of 4 of those color schemes.
@Axxlrod Thanks for the feedback. Our original themes that we proposed to city were much bolder and has lots of activity going on in the themes. We were let down on our proposals and we toned it down a lot. The guide lines given to us to we can use at-most 2 colors in a theme and they have to be earth tones.

Our plan is to get public feedback on these themes and go back to the city for approval with a winner. Which theme you think has best chance to get approved with City ?

safari_CW

Reaction score
I liked 4 at first because of the earthy colors, but I changed my vote to 2 because it really pops.

This guy has really done a lot with his theme, even if the building itself is completely plain. Just look at all the local media coverage (free advertisement) he's gotten:

@MEP001 Wow, Thanks for the link. It gave us so many ideas and I feel its the way to go. Our Carwash is located next to McDonalds and adjacent to a public school. We want to create a family friendly ambiance, where women can come with kids to the car wash and safely get the car cleaned.
That is the reason, we chose the name and the theme "Safari Carwash" - Hoping to get the attention of McD & School Traffic.

OurTown

Reaction score
Hello,

We are about to buy a new car wash and working out new color schematics for it. We are changing the name to "Safari Car Wash" and here are some graphical representations of the color schematics we came up with.

Would appreciate if you vote the best one among these and help us finalize the best.

Thanks.

Is this going to be painted? If so how will you do the gradient if going with number 1, 2 or 4?

safari_CW

Reaction score
Working to find a painter who is capable to do that. It’s not going to be easy but I hope it’s worth the efforts.

safari_CW

Reaction score
Working to find a painter who is capable to do that. It’s not going to be easy but I hope it’s worth the efforts.
Here is a youtube video that I found, does not seems to be complicated. Its just a technique they use - Fingers crossed....

OurTown

Reaction score
Here is a youtube video that I found, does not seems to be complicated. Its just a technique they use - Fingers crossed....

Interesting technique but what about touch ups later down the road?

PEI

Reaction score
So I voted for 2 because it catches the eye from the road, but the sign works better on 3. If you reversed the ombre it might work better, that would put the yellow at the bottom and help the giraffe, sun, and lettering stand out more.