What's new

Coin Box Upgrade

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
Hi All,
I want to upgrade my boxes for cc and bill acceptance. They are really small. Will try posting a pic. What would be the best option? Build new boxes and hire a mason? Have custom doors made?20191117_133620.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you considered moving the boxes to the entrance of the bay? IMO since you're adding bill acceptance you should to keep the validators from getting too wet.

There are quite a few places to buy complete boxes, or you can build your own. Dralco has a fairly simple bare box.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Or you can add a separate box fr CC and Bill acceptance and put that closer to the entrance. Although mine are next to the existing box they are already near the entrance. I figured if they attacked that box the bay would still work with the existing box.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
Have you considered moving the boxes to the entrance of the bay? IMO since you're adding bill acceptance you should to keep the validators from getting too wet.

There are quite a few places to buy complete boxes, or you can build your own. Dralco has a fairly simple bare box.
They are close to the entrance. Picture just doesn't show it I guess

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
Thanks for all your suggestions but they are pretty expensive. I was thinking maybe just to have custom doors made even though they are really small. One of my concerns was the single lock. If I go with new boxes, I might as well hire a mason to redo the mounts.

Twodose

Reaction score
Kleen-Rite has nice boxes, recently priced both the standard and high security. $997 for the high security and $616 for the standard, personally I would go with the high security I have seen the standard ones they are pretty thin. Also this is for a blank box, the face plate is additional $60.
You can see them on youtube:

Randy

Reaction score
I would think twice before adding bill validators to the bays. There a magnet for the thieves that prey on car washes. I'd add credit cards before bill validators.

MEP001

Reaction score
Kleen-Rite's boxes are very easily pried open. There is an additional lock bar for it that should help.

I wouldn't put bill acceptors in the bays unless it was in a really good neighborhood.

STXCW

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with the last 2 posts. And 9 times out of 10 they will take about $6 if they are lucky and cause you $1000 in damages.

mac

Reaction score
Not sure about the bill acceptors. I've upgraded many and the last ones I did with bill acceptors and the owner loves them. Says his changers aren't used nearly as much and have fewer issues. And he's in Miami where crime is not unheard of.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
I would think twice before adding bill validators to the bays. There a magnet for the thieves that prey on car washes. I'd add credit cards before bill validators.
I agree with Randy. Bill acceptors in bays can only add headaches.

I'm using Coinless Mobile for credit card acceptance. It' very easy to install, been well received and I've been really happy with performance and company.

Randy

Reaction score
Your going to end up paying thousands to add bill validators that will be a target for the thieves of your area. I would clean off all the old stickers, polish the face plate re-sticker the face plate, replace the timer with a LED-6 timer, add Cryptopay and call it a day.