What's new

CIVIL PROTESTING CLOSE TO CAR WASH NEW EXPERIENCE???

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It might be too sensitive of a topic but I am wondering if any fellow car wash owners have ever had protesters (marching etc) for whatever reason in front of or close by their car washes.

The below today's starting point was within a few blocks of our car wash. Not sure how extensive the streets will be closed & for how long. It appears that the George Floyd Death Protests are continuing around the country & even extending internationally???

See the link below. The pic is from Saturday. I did walk over about 3:55 today with my coffee cup. Hopefully, it will remain peaceful ... & without too many shouting vulgarities & even potentially worse. Fargo, ND had some serious damage to businesses & others over the weekend.

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/lo...c63451a.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Last edited:

traveler17

Reaction score
It might be too sensitive of a topic but I am wondering if any fellow car wash owners have ever had protesters (marching etc) for whatever reason in front of or close by their car washes.

The below today's starting point was within a few blocks of our car wash. Not sure how extensive the streets will be closed & for how long. It appears that the Floyd George Death Protests are continuing around the country & even extending internationally???

See the link below. The pic is from Saturday. I did walk over about 3:55 today with my coffee cup. Hopefully, it will remain peaceful ... & without too many shouting vulgarities & even potentially worse. Fargo, ND had some serious damage to businesses & others over the weekend.

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/lo...c63451a.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

I was just informed we have a protest scheduled satrurday evening Not to thrilled to hear this because protests always seem to start out civil. Myself and my brother in law will probably be hanging around for a little while.

MC3033

Reaction score
Had to shut down early a few times so far. Our immediate area is good but shit hit the fan 1 mile in every other direction (where most of the staff lives)

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I am honestly more worried about this affecting us more than covid19 has. It's a situation for sure nothing good out of it

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Years ago, we had a guy who wasn't happy with the car wash he received. The standards we offered (second wash, refund) wasn't good enough for him. I forget the particulars, and I'm guessing he wanted too much in return. Anyway, for a few days, he had himself a one-man protest.We laughed it off, and he stopped.

OurTown

Reaction score
Tomorrow evening there is a protest scheduled about three blocks from our wash. Hopefully they stay contained there.

MEP001

Reaction score
"Protest..."

There was some minor looting here a couple days ago. Not protests, even though it may have started out that way, I don't know. People were saying that someone left a bunch of bricks out where the protests were planned.

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
I've seen photos of pallets of bricks here in Delaware. Two pallets are two blocks from where a protest will be held at noon this Friday. Since this is happening in various states across our country you know somebody big is behind it. This is way passed the George Floyd issue.

traveler17

Reaction score
I've seen photos of pallets of bricks here in Delaware. Two pallets are two blocks from where a protest will be held at noon this Friday. Since this is happening in various states across our country you know somebody big is behind it. This is way passed the George Floyd issue.
Agreed

Earl Weiss

Reaction score