What's new

Chemical mix problems

Mick

Reaction score
Need some suggestions from you guys
PDQ M5. Soap and wax is watery and not foaming. Checked air and had good air flow. Noticed chemical pump pressure was low only about 60 psi. Normally runs over a hundred. I’m hoping the check valve might be blocked and can’t open all the way. if not do you think it is the chemical pump failing? At the cost of new pump I would like to eliminate other possibility before buying new pump. Any suggestions will be appreciated
thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure the pump is primed.

Mick

Reaction score
Pump is primed. I’m thinking the pump is failing only getting 1/2 the pressure as before

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
60 psi is less than a third of the psi you should have. Pressure to injectors should be 200psi. Buy a new pump and then buy a stack repair kit for the pump you already have.

Mick

Reaction score
Need some suggestions from you guys
PDQ M5. Soap and wax is watery and not foaming. Checked air and had good air flow. Noticed chemical pump pressure was low only about 60 psi. Normally runs over a hundred. I’m hoping the check valve might be blocked and can’t open all the way. if not do you think it is the chemical pump failing? At the cost of new pump I would like to eliminate other possibility before buying new pump. Any suggestions will be appreciated
thanks
Replaced the pump pressure is up to 200 psi and working great. Thanks for the suggestions did not know the pressure needed to be that high now have excellent soap and wax foam again thank for the help