What's new

Cheaper Alternative?

Randy

Reaction score
Is there anything fancy about your vac's? Or there just a plain old vac's? No display, no special features?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
There is a display involved. Nothing fancy. Any ideas?

Here is a better question. What would be a good system to upgrade to so that I could integrate a bill acceptor and possibly the new e-port credit card system.

Randy

Reaction score
A Dixmor LED-7 Timer would be a good choice. It has an input for both Bill acceptor and Credit card.

I believe the E-port card system is MDB and car wash timers are pulse. I think someone is working on a converter/interface

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I was just looking at the dixmor options. I would love to be able to redo my faceplates with bill, coin, and credit card acceptance with a display. It would be a tight fit though.

I don't want to speak out of turn, but I am working with someone right now on trying to get the new edge unit to work on a pulse system.

Etowah

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
As a per swipe unit? I would like to have the count up mode on the vacs if possible. I'm not sure if the guy I'm working with will be able to do it, or if it is even possible with these units.

MEP001

Reaction score
If it's not already set up that way, add a relay to your vacs to take the load off the timers. You'll need to anyway if you switch to something like a Dixmor.

I talked to Jim Gosnell finally and he said the individual functions of his credit card timer system can be adjusted for time. That makes it ideal for a count-up timer in our fragrance/shampoo vacs so I can give a different time per coin for the functions just like it is now. It's also by far the least expensive count-up credit card acceptance method.

It's my opinion that if you use a "per swipe" credit card method on a vac, you lose the biggest advantage of credit card acceptance, which is allowing the customer to swipe once and use it as long as they want.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I don't disagree with your opinion on the count up method, but at $1300.00/unit, that is a substantial investment vs. the $250 e-port edge investment.

As an example. If I were to use my existing coin acceptor and purchase a coinco vantage and an e-port edge for cc and a dixmor led 7 as the timer, I would only be up to basically $900 for all of those items.

Don't get me wrong, I have Jim's system in my super bay and I am extremely pleased with how it works. I just don't know that I can justify that type of expense for just a single credit card unit.

Here is a few links for those of you that aren't familiar with what we're talking about:

Quickpay Credit Card System by Etowah Valley

Quickpay Manual v2.03

E-port Edge System

MEP001

Reaction score
You can have your own custom doors made and install the EV cc acceptor in a vac for only about $700ish.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Did you get that price directly from Jim? If that is the case, then it would only make sense for me since I already have the bay setup.

MEP001

Reaction score
I forget if it came from him or someone else, but he did say they won't work wirelessly on a vacuum because of the interference from the motors.

Kirb

Reaction score
Bubbles,
If you run eport you will have the $10 fee per month per vac. Does anyone run count up with the vacs with good results? I use it in my bays and works great!!!
Thanks,
Kirb

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I spoke with Scott Larkin at USA technologies and he said he is working with someone within the industry to try and get the count up method to work with their system. I was told to contact him in two weeks.

For me personally, I sent Jim G. an e-mail about possibly making me a custom door that would accomodate the different units I want to put in.

I'm with Kirb. I want to hear from someone that is running count up credit card acceptance at their vacs.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bubbles Galore said:
For me personally, I sent Jim G. an e-mail about possibly making me a custom door that would accomodate the different units I want to put in.
He won't return it, nor will he return a phone message, nor does he seem willing to let his employees have the needed information to field any such calls. Your best bet is to call and if he's there just ask to hold for him. Have plenty of time to spare when you call, because he'll talk your ear off.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Talked to him last night. He is going to get me a price so that I can see if it would be cost effective to do it.