What's new

Ceramic when???

jack954

Reaction score
just put in a new razor edge and trying to maximize performance. one chemical rep says tri foam first followed by hot wax, rain x, then ceramic.
another rep says ceramic then stack the waxes on top. what thoughts are out there?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My distributors set my wash up to apply the ceramic last. Seems to work great.

washnshine

Reaction score
just put in a new razor edge and trying to maximize performance. one chemical rep says tri foam first followed by hot wax, rain x, then ceramic.
another rep says ceramic then stack the waxes on top. what thoughts are out there?
Ceramic last.

APW

Reaction score
He is trying to sell you chemicals. In my opinion ceramic is all you need. No need to layer all those on the vehicle if the wash has ceramic.

washnshine

Reaction score
I’ve seen washes that use a replacement model. Rain X on the lower wash, Hot Wax on the next up and Ceramic on the top. They are not layering but acknowledging the hierarchy of the products. Of course you might not be able to charge as much this way - it looks better to keep adding to the packages, but ceramic on a clean car does about as much as can be done right now.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Got some interesting info from the Heartland CW show yesterday regarding this topic and that most if not all manufacturers soon will be making their presoaks and detergents Ceramic infused, so that begs the question what will replace Ceramic now? also the word "Graphene" kept coming up in conversations as well.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use two on my top wash- Ive got one ceramic product that is supposed to offer superior protection, another that is supposed to offer a better gloss and slick feel. If I had to choose between the two I would probably opt for the one that offers the better gloss and feel. The pair is still very affordable (less than .50 for the pair) since I get an extra 4.00 for the package. I put the foaming one on first and apply the liquid after it to help break down the foam. Ive tested and my truck will bead water for weeks and weeks after application. I may try to cut one out to see if I can tell a big difference in longevity.

washnshine

Reaction score
Got some interesting info from the Heartland CW show yesterday regarding this topic and that most if not all manufacturers soon will be making their presoaks and detergents Ceramic infused, so that begs the question what will replace Ceramic now? also the word "Graphene" kept coming up in conversations as well.
Will that eliminate the need for for an application of a sealer at the end of the wash?

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Do you still apply a beading sealant after the ceramic or before? I know waxes would be before but not sure about a beading agent as we want to get the cars dry as possible.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
My distributors set my wash up to apply the ceramic last. Seems to work great.
Waxman, is your ceramic going right before spot free rinse? or do you still run a beading agent after ceramic? We currently run in this order:

1. Low PS
2. High PS
3. Triple Foam
4. HP Rinse
5. Simoniz Hot Wax
6. Simoniz Seal and Shine
7. Bone Dry Drying agent
8. Spot Free Rinse
9. Dryers

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Waxman, is your ceramic going right before spot free rinse? or do you still run a beading agent after ceramic? We currently run in this order:

1. Low PS
2. High PS
3. Triple Foam
4. HP Rinse
5. Simoniz Hot Wax
6. Simoniz Seal and Shine
7. Bone Dry Drying agent
8. Spot Free Rinse
9. Dryers
My ceramic is last before blowers. Conserve pass rinse after it. Cars look amazing this way. Autowash maintenance set it up like this and customers love it. Wash time for top pkg is 5 minutes; $22.

Last edited:

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
My ceramic is last before blowers. No other rinse after it. Cars look amazing this way. Autowash maintenance set it up like this and customers love it. Wash time for top pkg is 5 minutes; $22.

Thank you for the help. We will give it a shot and check on the results. Our top wash is currently $12 with the hot wax but with the ceramic we want to add a package above it for $14.

Bricks

Reaction score
My ceramic is last before blowers. No other rinse after it. Cars look amazing this way. Autowash maintenance set it up like this and customers love it. Wash time for top pkg is 5 minutes; $22.
Waxman. Do you run SFR? What brand is your ceramic and do you know what tip they have in it? Thanks

HeyVern

Reaction score
I run ceramic through the rain bar, then medium pressure rinse with drying agent, then spot free.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Waxman. Do you run SFR? What brand is your ceramic and do you know what tip they have in it? Thanks
I do not use spot free rinse. No need. Last rinse after ceramic is conserve pass. I mentioned earlier that there was no rinse after ceramic but that was incorrect; it's a conserve pass rinse.

I use Autowash Maintenance ceramic sealer.

Red tip; 102:1

Attachments

Last edited:

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
I do not use spot free rinse. No need. Last rinse after ceramic is conserve pass. I mentioned earlier that there was no rinse after ceramic but that was incorrect; it's a conserve pass rinse.

I use Autowash Maintenance ceramic sealer.

Red tip; 102:1

Waxman, thank you for all your help. We are running our ceramic at the very end after spot free rinse, with no other passes before blowers. The shine is definitely more noticeable after SPF but we have been noticing more water spots on vehicles after completely dry. Have you noticed and waterspots left on vehicles after drying?

washnshine

Reaction score
Waxman, thank you for all your help. We are running our ceramic at the very end after spot free rinse, with no other passes before blowers. The shine is definitely more noticeable after SPF but we have been noticing more water spots on vehicles after completely dry. Have you noticed and waterspots left on vehicles after drying?
I think most people with SFR use that as the very last step before the blowers. Putting another product on after SFR defeats the purpose of SFR, so you might as well not use it if you intend to apply anything afterwards.