What's new

CAT 310 pumps

kdriver

Reaction score
I have CAT 310 pumps in the self serve I manage. I noticed that 1 pump isn't getting any soap out of it and when it's running the tank actually fills up with water. I'm guessing that the pump is back pressuring back into the tank. Just not sure if that's a valve issue internal in the pump or if there's something wrong with the pump itself? What do you guys find with this issue?

MEP001

Reaction score
The typical setup is to have separate power wires going to three different solenoids: soap, wax, and rinse. When rinse is selected, city pressure goes to the pump which stops the flow of hot water. There also needs to be a check valve between the pump and the tank to prevent city pressure from coming back to the tank. If this is happening when only that one bay is running, you have two issues, the check valve is stuck open and the rinse solenoid is opening with the soap selection. There could also be a check valve failed on another pump which allows city pressure back to the tank and could be keeping other pumps from pulling soap.

If you get this figured out, kindly come back and post what you found and how you fixed it. You have yet to do this in your other problem posts.

edredtop

Reaction score
I have CAT 310 pumps in the self serve I manage. I noticed that 1 pump isn't getting any soap out of it and when it's running the tank actually fills up with water. I'm guessing that the pump is back pressuring back into the tank. Just not sure if that's a valve issue internal in the pump or if there's something wrong with the pump itself? What do you guys find with this issue?
Have you recently performed maintenance?
Possibly connected the unloader incorrectly?
As an aside, we use Cat 310's as well and the pumps draw from a 55 gallon reservoir that uses a float valve to keep it full, that way the city lines aren't involved in a mechanical failure...