What's new

Cassida C500 Coin Counter Sorter off Sorter

Bob Koo

Reaction score
I didn't buy a Cassida, but did buy a Ribao Coin Counter from Amazon a year ago for $420 because my Scan Coin 303 was just worn out. The Ribao seemed like a direct copy of my old Scan Coin but was faster and came with spare part, belts, and tools. I can't comment on the quality of the new Scan Coin 303, but after a year's use on this Ribao, I would be hard pressed to buy another Scan Coin. My only other comment is the Ribao and Cassida sure like the same unit just different labels.

Attachments

washzone

Reaction score
I have been using cassida c 100 for 7 years and works good for me it is $150.00 from amazon

soonermajic

Reaction score
I got a good used one for sale. It is HEAVY & built like an A1 Abrams tank!

Twodose

Reaction score

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
Im using the C500 off amazon, seems good to me, I have no prior experience. but it is accurate. It does pass quite a few quarters with the tokens the first "filtering" perhaps because they are so closely sized. Counts accuratly. had it about a year after making stacks of 10.00 out of quarters to count them on the kitchen counter.... much better than that!

Twodose

Reaction score
Will the c500 sort mixed coins. Everything I read says it does, the pictures shows with mixed denomination of coins, but when I email the distributor the answer I got was <'"The C500 does come with coin tubes for wrapping, but it's really meant to be used with bags. Also, just to be sure you're aware, this device is meant to be used with a single coin denomination, and is not meant for sorting coins."

MEP001

Reaction score
They can't claim it sorts because a true sorter generally sorts multiple denominations of coins and may or may not count them as it sorts. It off-sorts, meaning you have to count the largest size coin and it will reject smaller coins through the side chute uncounted. So if you have three sizes of coins mixed together, you have to run them through three times off-sorting the smaller ones each time.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
They can't claim it sorts because a true sorter generally sorts multiple denominations of coins and may or may not count them as it sorts. It off-sorts, meaning you have to count the largest size coin and it will reject smaller coins through the side chute uncounted. So if you have three sizes of coins mixed together, you have to run them through three times off-sorting the smaller ones each time.
That is why we really like our Cummins 2000 (true sorter with multiple bags at once) with its Communications Module.

Taking it a step further it "when the sub batch button is pushed" it goes into the serial connected computer neatly arranged in a database ... ready for category organized reports from a menu selection on the computer screen. With the help of TalTech Connection Software. Since 2002 proven to be worthwhile & durable for us ... not sure if others see it that way?