What's new

Car wash purchase

wllmsnamy

Reaction score
Purchased an automatic tunnel car wash that has been sitting not in use for 4 years, thieves/vandals have taken a toll on several items. Control system consists of Wash Pilot part numbers:
qty 1 WPL-CFIO
qty 6 WPL-ROC8
qty 1 WPL-DIO8
qty 2 WPL-PSR1
There is one wash pilot keypad located outside in operator console stand but appears to be damaged
All the manual controls on control panels are functional with everything powering up and working, not sure but I think there is a PC missing that runs the program??
My thoughts are to remove the wash pilot control WPL-CFIO brains and install a programmable PLC and HMI and programming myself (28 years of controls automation experience with automotive sector)
What communication protocol is being used on the WPL-ROC8 AND WPL-DIO8 boards, it appears to be on an ethernet type communication cable.
Looking for some input/advice, new to carwash business looking to retire from automotive controls engineer to car wash that picked up cheap.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Good thing you have a background in controls and automation because Wash Pilot was discontinued several years ago and I believe it's "end of life" support has already passed. I don't think the hardware is available anymore. Good luck.