What's new

Car wash profitability

ShineShed

Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
4
Points
8
Whats an average (ballpark)profit (%) of total car wash revenue to be expected, NOT counting debt service payment..?
 

ShineShed

Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
4
Points
8
Sorry forgot to mention that, self serve and iba type washes
 

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
299
Reaction score
83
Points
28
Location
CA
You mean what it used to be?

Who knows what it will be going forward.
 

soonermajic

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2014
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
195
Points
63
Location
texas
N0T counting debt service? Hel, you could retire then. Mine would be about 75%!
NOT going forward though. No clue what it will be now.
Counting debt, would be about 40%.
 

Rfreeman

Active member
Joined
Aug 4, 2014
Messages
366
Reaction score
94
Points
28
Location
Ft. Worth
From what I remember back in the day the ball park number discussed for expenses was around 40-45% leaving a profit margin of approx 60-55% on self serves BUT that was back in the day say late 90's early 00's. A lot has changed since then obviously and the only thing we know is constant is everyone's rising cost i.e. utilities, soaps, parts, etc.

I would agree if your profit margin is 30-50% before taxes and deb service as Soapy mentioned you are doing good, anything over that and I'm jealous🤑
 
Top