What's new

Can Ginsan stop button be converted to a function?

Keno

Reaction score
Hi group, we are in the process of adding air dryers to our bays. Does anyone know if this stop button can be converted to a function and a separate stop button added elsewhere on the box? We are out of spaces on these 3 meter boxes, and trying to find a way to add a function spot without a big makeover of the boxes. Thanks 20230604_161834.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
No, there's not any way to do that with your doors. The board only has enough outputs for the functions you have, and the "STOP" button only serves to stop the functions.

Keno

Reaction score
No, there's not any way to do that with your doors. The board only has enough outputs for the functions you have, and the "STOP" button only serves to stop the functions.
Thanks for the info, that's what I thought, but wanted to see if there was a workaround. Any ideas on how to add an extra output without a whole rebuild of the door? Worst case, I was thinking about converting it to a rotary switch just to have another function space

MEP001

Reaction score

Roz

Reaction score
We replaced our rotary ginsan doors with new Ultimate Lumi-Touch Meter Box LED doors from ginsan. There is a separate "Equipment Stop" button plus 10 function buttons. I believe the doors where about $2K each, perhaps a bit more with shipping and tax.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Hi group, we are in the process of adding air dryers to our bays. Does anyone know if this stop button can be converted to a function and a separate stop button added elsewhere on the box? We are out of spaces on these 3 meter boxes, and trying to find a way to add a function spot without a big makeover of the boxes. Thanks
Short answer: No.

Long answer: As MEP said there is only enough outputs on that board for 8 functions. You really are looking at new doors, whether rotary or push button. That board doesn't have the capabilities you want and the display on that door is a GS31 countdown display and has been obsolete for about 5 years. Quite frankly, before adding functions you really should be adding credit card acceptance. It will create more revenue increase than any function you could add.

Roz

Reaction score

Long answer: As MEP said there is only enough outputs on that board for 8 functions. You really are looking at new doors, whether rotary or push button. That board doesn't have the capabilities you want and the display on that door is a GS31 countdown display and has been obsolete for about 5 years. Quite frankly, before adding functions you really should be adding credit card acceptance. It will create more revenue increase than any function you could add.
I would agree with Dan. Add CC (Cryptopay swipers) and perhaps convert the HP Wax to the dryer as our dryers are used much more than the HP Wax especially since you offer triple foam sealant. We just removed out HP Wax for our dryer function even though our SS equipment can offer 10 options.

Keno

Reaction score
A rotary switch conversion would be the only way. You can order replacement doors, but I've done two washes by filling the button holes with JB Weld and covering it with a decal.

Ya, I had seen your post from a while back about using JB weld and a custom decal - that is the route I was planning on going if we can't come up with something else thats more feasible. Looks like the linked decal is for an 8 function Dilling Harris - I will be going with a custom decal I think, if I can get a template with the measurements for our box, would make life easier - if not, I can measure the current one and get decals created on upwork.
We replaced our rotary ginsan doors with new Ultimate Lumi-Touch Meter Box LED doors from ginsan. There is a separate "Equipment Stop" button plus 10 function buttons. I believe the doors where about $2K each, perhaps a bit more with shipping and tax.
I actually have those lumi-touch in the other 3 bays at this location, while they are nice from a customer use standpoint, I am constantly fighting with bad or intermittent pushbuttons - to be fair the pushbuttons are 15+ years old at this point too. $2k per door is probably out of budget at this point.

CC via Nayax has been added to the other 3 bays at this location, and will be added to these 3 bays as well as soon as Dixmor can figure out their issue with their new LED6 board design not playing nice with Nayax. In the meantime we are going ahead with adding dryers in the bays. Didn't know the GS31 was obsolete, but will be replaced soon enough hopefully with Dixmor LED6.
I would agree with Dan. Add CC (Cryptopay swipers) and perhaps convert the HP Wax to the dryer as our dryers are used much more than the HP Wax especially since you offer triple foam sealant. We just removed out HP Wax for our dryer function even though our SS equipment can offer 10 options.
That is a good idea, but we do get pretty good wax use, it seems more wax use in these 3 bays than any other of our bays at both locations. I would guess based on my previous research and reading, that like your experience air dryer usage will still beat wax. My other concern would be having different functions in different bays at the same location related to customer satisfaction - any thoughts on that?