What's new

Can anyone identify this boom?

Sharpshine

Reaction score
EC63D958-E6AA-48F7-9C09-3FC2CCCD26B6.jpeg
Can anyone identify this boom and tell me where to get parts? It’s not GinSan because they don’t have the double nuts. I have one leaking and would like to get the seals-o-rings to rebuild it.

Roz

Reaction score
See if you can remove the 90 at the bottom of the boom. You probably can replace it with a new one from KR

Sharpshine

Reaction score
See if you can remove the 90 at the bottom of the boom. You probably can replace it with a new one from KR
It’s leaking above the 90, but thank you for the advice.

Randy

Reaction score
We used to have some of those. The center section is welded to the 4 pieces that make up the mounting portion of the boom. If you remove the 90 swivel and then remove the 2 nuts on the bottom of the boom the boom arm will slide off the center section. Once you remove the boom you can inspect the shaft it rides on.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Are you sure the leak is coming from the boom and not coming from the top and running down?

These are the only booms I have across 4 sites 20 total bays and never have one leak. Either the 90⁰ swivel is leaking or the connection coming from the roof to the top of the boom has gone bad. This even includes a semi hitting one and bending it all to hell. My guys straightened it out at our shop and never leaked.

Sharpshine

Reaction score
Are you sure the leak is coming from the boom and not coming from the top and running down?

These are the only booms I have across 4 sites 20 total bays and never have one leak. Either the 90⁰ swivel is leaking or the connection coming from the roof to the top of the boom has gone bad. This even includes a semi hitting one and bending it all to hell. My guys straightened it out at our shop and never leaked.
I’ll have to check and make sure. I thought it looked like it was leaking right above the 90 but it’s possible that it’s leaking from above.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
It's made by Dralco, but I agree, it's probably not the boom that's leaking.