What's new

can anyone be accountable

Ultra Shine

Reaction score
Im sick of cleaning up after slobs who clean the bed of their trucks out in my SS bays.

is there nothing you can do to these people who are dumping?

mud is bad enough but the mulch and tree bark is ridiculous.

I have cameras but that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

How are yall stopping this ?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
You don't, it comes with the territory. Make sure your wash is the best in town, and priced highest. Some will go elsewhere, clean up after the ones that don't.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Same problem. Cameras and signs are everywhere but some people just don't care. They're happy to make their mess yours. Unfortunately that slice of American seems to be growing.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
If they pay by CC I usually hit it with a clean up fee ( same as our pre-auth).

OurTown

Reaction score
Im sick of cleaning up after slobs who clean the bed of their trucks out in my SS bays.

is there nothing you can do to these people who are dumping?

mud is bad enough but the mulch and tree bark is ridiculous.

I have cameras but that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

How are yall stopping this ?

The ones that really get me are the guys that clean out their beds that have utility knife blades, screws, nails etc... Raising the start price might help a little bit. It seemed to help us some as there is a wash down the road that has a really low start price they probably trash now.

OurTown

Reaction score
If they pay by CC I usually hit it with a clean up fee ( same as our pre-auth).

Can you do that with Cryptopay? I was under the impression that you could not. Also posting a sign that you would charge them when the bay was left in a certain defined condition might be a good idea.

Ultra Shine

Reaction score
my pricing is in line with the others in the area.
I have signs and cameras as well , but never thought of trying to hit them with a clean up fee on CC charges I use a Dan System). most of the time they use change.

I find it hard to believe there is not a law or something that says you cant dump XYZ in a location.

Don't feel its part of the game or should be , Its a car wash not a dumping ground.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had a rash of people washing out paint in the last couple weeks. There is a law against it, but the cops don't bother with stuff like that. I just clean it up and move on.

pgrzes

Reaction score
The ones that really get me are the guys that clean out their beds that have utility knife blades, screws, nails etc... Raising the start price might help a little bit. It seemed to help us some as there is a wash down the road that has a really low start price they probably trash now.
If I have someone that does that after asking nicely I will park my truck in front of their truck so they have to back out over the debris they just dumped. As I sit in my truck and talk on the phone or browse the web and they ask me to move I just shake my head and say back out. When they give me a hard time I then tell them its ok for you to leave shit for everyone else to have to drive over but not for you?? If thats how you feel you can treat my facility dont come back I have your tag # and will let the police know you are not permitted on my property.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I've had a rash of people washing out paint in the last couple weeks. There is a law against it, but the cops don't bother with stuff like that. I just clean it up and move on.
I've had some myself. Bastards. Dries nicely to everything when it's 90 degrees and 10% humidity. I never thought about the possibility of it being illegal and that it could be lead paint and that's why they are at your place...

Last edited:
Etowah

OurTown

Reaction score
High quality latex primer is extra difficult to remove after it dries. (which is really fast)

srr5008

Reaction score
We have a lot of trash issues in our area, as it is rural and we have a lot of slobs with pickups. Not much you can do in some cases. But what I have been able to do lately is catch a lot of landscapers and contractors on camera due to the company names on their vehicles. I then call them (or their bosses) and let them know that they are no longer allowed on the premises. If I catch them in person I get their plate numbers, kick them out, let them know why they're being kicked out, and tell them not to come back.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just keep prices high enough to make a nice profit. I’m a janitor and that’s ok with me.

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
I just keep prices high enough to make a nice profit. I’m a janitor and that’s ok with me.
The lowest-priced wash in my vicinity owns a janitor business as their day job. They charge 25 cents per minute and they just increased their start time from 25 cents to a whole dollar. I love that all the bucket washers wash there and the bums sleep there overnight making a barricade with their trash cans. Their trash service bin isn't locked and they often get trash stacked so high that it falls over like a scene from the movie idiocracy.

Thanks for taking care of the cheap skates so I can avoid them is what I think every time I drive by their wash. They are the real MVP.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We considered converting a self-serve bay into an All Paws Pet Wash but after visiting a few in neighboring towns in came apparent this investment would have been a stressful one, especially considering that some people cannot grasp the concept of respect for others or their property I have a hard enough time explaining that to S.S and vacuum customers then mix in animals no thank you.