What's new

Bug pass...?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Does anybody do a "Bug pass" on a touchless IBA, & if so, can you gimme your details?
IE: when in the pkg, is it a product or just an extra hp pass across front, if it's a product, is it colored different or have a scent, what do you apply it with (pods, spray arm) hp or lp, what specific product, & how well does it seem to work?

Eric H

Reaction score
I use the “bug assault” pass on my Razors. The arm travels down the passenger side to the top of the windshield, then back to the front, across the front to the driver’s side top windshield and the back to the home position where the chemical changes from Bug-Off to my presoak. I sell it as a $2 buy-up on any package

soonermajic

Reaction score
My sign is already made with the pkgs, $13, $11, $9 &
it's the $13 pkg which has PS, Bug Pass, 3xFoam, Ceramic & SFR.

My old LW360 had a Bug Pass, but it was just an xtra PS on front & xtra hp rinse on front

Eric H

Reaction score
My old LW360 had a Bug Pass, but it was just an xtra PS on front & xtra hp rinse on front
In that case, I’d just turn on “3-pass” for the presoak pass and possibly a HP pass if you think it is needed.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I use the “bug assault” pass on my Razors. The arm travels down the passenger side to the top of the windshield, then back to the front, across the front to the driver’s side top windshield and the back to the home position where the chemical changes from Bug-Off to my presoak. I sell it as a $2 buy-up on any package
Coach, are you pleased with the results of the Bug-Assault on your Razors? We plan to have it on our new Razor, with our middle and top washes. Hope to start construction in Nov. Just waiting on the final SBA Loan approval.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Eric H has it, but I didn't get it. My distributor said no need, as "the Edge can do whatever the hel u want"! Ha. We should start washing in less than 48 hrs...fingers crossed!

Eric H

Reaction score
but I didn't get it. My distributor said no need, as "the Edge can do whatever the hel u want"!
I think it is standard on every machine. Go to Program menu, wash setup, cycles, then select “pass” and there should be a button for “BAS1” and “BAS2”

washnshine

Reaction score
In my experience, a machine with a dedicated extra chemical application pass for bugs is more effective than an extra hp sweep across the front. Bugs are also on windshields, not just grilles. And a chemical application that covers the grille and windshield is more thorough, from what I have seen. An extra hp pass across the front does little to nothing for a windshield.

soonermajic

Reaction score
That Bug A'salt looks great. Do you actually use ut, & does it work good?
What product do you use, & is it colored? High or low ph?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Bug a Salt pass

Great wash, but 6:15 BEFORE the dryers is something i can't do here. That's the main reason i got the Edge, so i could get closer to 4 minutes. If i get 4:20 or less, b4 stand alone dryers, Im gonna be ecstatic! I was @ 6:20 including onboard dryers!!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
That video was made a long time ago and many changes to the programming have been applied. I'll make a new video.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I would like to make the bug pass and salt pass a full extra pass on my top package. I think it's too much wear and tear on the gear boxes and motors to go from mirror to mirror and to me, simpler is better.

I'm debating on whether to do the bug/salt application through the L or the production arch ( RAZOR).

I haven't done any research yet on what the different chemicals are for bugs / salt, but I will...

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I think I would like to make the bug pass and salt pass a full extra pass on my top package. I think it's too much wear and tear on the gear boxes and motors to go from mirror to mirror and to me, simpler is better.

I'm debating on whether to do the bug/salt application through the L or the production arch ( RAZOR).

I haven't done any research yet on what the different chemicals are for bugs / salt, but I will...
Bug a Salt can only be applied through the arch with BAS1 or BAS2 on the programming

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm talking about a full pass over the vehicle; not going from mirror to mirror like the BAS programming.

washnshine

Reaction score
Some of them use enzymes to break down the guts.
The ones that have the enzymes actually “melt” the bugs and you can see them breaking down when you spray it on and it dwells for about 30 seconds or so.