What's new

Breaker tripped

Nknjeim

Reaction score
Control panels breaker trip after few minutes of usage. I replaced it with a bigger breaker . And now tripped all the time. I tried to see if anything else is connected to the same breaker like air compressor but did not find any.

Randy

Reaction score
Bigger breaker, your just asking for trouble. What does this breaker control? You've probably got a bas motor or motor starter. A little more info would be nice.

Nknjeim

Reaction score
Bigger breaker, your just asking for trouble. What does this breaker control? You've probably got a bas motor or motor starter. A little more info would be nice.
Before I turn any motor on or start anything the breaker trip, which obviously a short circuit now. I am not sure if the transformer has anything to do with this issue.

Randy

Reaction score
Did the breaker trip instantly before you installed the bigger breaker or after you installed the bigger breaker? You could try disconnecting the transformer and see if the breaker trips.

Nknjeim

Reaction score
I called an electrician who started unplugging timers on each stall, until He got to the last one; the breaker stayed on for few minutes and I saw smoke coming off the transformer... he said it could take him several hours to figure out the problem. I asked him to stop... didn’t feel comfortable

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
You got a 24v short some where going to that bay. Very possible not a promise

Nknjeim

Reaction score
Electricians don't know the first thing about car washes. Call an experienced car wash tech.
Due to the freeze we had in Texas back in February, almost every technician I called is booked up for the next 2 weeks.

MEP001

Reaction score
What part of Texas are you in? This is a problem that wouldn't take me more than two minutes to pinpoint.