What's new

Booster pump Impeller repair

Etowah

Walter White

Reaction score
Hi very informative group, enjoy the posts and comments..I have a question or two..has anyone ever rebuilt there impeller specifically a Sta Rite Model?...was the process complicated or too precise?Thanks group

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Hi very informative group, enjoy the posts and comments..I have a question or two..has anyone ever rebuilt there impeller specifically a Sta Rite Model?...was the process complicated or too precise?Thanks group
Walter,

Local swimming pool contracting companies tend to have the kits to repair these depending on your model. We have had good success repairing a bronze volute StaRite impeller pump. It has been a long time since we have done it but ... if I remember right there was a spring enclosed seal along with the repair kit. Make sure that the surfaces where the seals go against are smooth & you most likely will be successful & it will be worthwhile to do ... it was for us. Silicone lubricant on anything rubber is definitely superior to regular grease.

We used the StaRite to maintain water temperature circulation in a 100 gallon tank of water that used to gravity feed all our hi pressure pumps. Previously we had some inexperienced plumbing contractor put in a pump made out of the wrong materials for fresh water ... & predictably it got rusty & prematurely deteriorated in other ways also.

mike walsh http://www.kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html