What's new

Blendco Bug Remover

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Being it's bug season here I'm having a really hard time removing Bugs from vehicles, currently I'm using Blendco Grape Fragrance Bug remover in my Razor on the Bug a Salt feature with a Brown Tip for the Bug remover and a purple tip for the SuperSat H.A powder. Does anybody here also use Blendco Bug remover or is there a Bug Remover out there that is the Cat's meow for this problem.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Being it's bug season here I'm having a really hard time removing Bugs from vehicles, currently I'm using Blendco Grape Fragrance Bug remover in my Razor on the Bug a Salt feature with a Brown Tip for the Bug remover and a purple tip for the SuperSat H.A powder. Does anybody here also use Blendco Bug remover or is there a Bug Remover out there that is the Cat's meow for this problem.
Here in Southwest Louisiana we have at least 3 major bug seasons. This has always worked for self serve and i do use this in my automatic razor also. Mean green! I tell the customer spray it on the bugs and go around the rest of your car come back with high pressure and they will be gone. They are amazed this works.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I will get back with you on that when i go back to carwash this evening. I wanna say in bays i use yellow or green tip. Auto i think its purple but will let you lnow for sure.

MC3033

Reaction score
Cost vs performance on Blendco Grape Bug is not great. The product works well but is rather expensive (if I recall just the bug remover portion is around $1k for 30g).

I always had best luck running the powder very strong and the grape just a few tips in but don’t recall the exact tips.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
OK, stupid question: Is the stuff in retail stores the same concentration that KR sells? Dollar general ad says it's 5.00 per gallon. If you are diluting that with a yellow tip and getting good results that's very interesting. Also, in the IBA are you using it as an alkaline presoak, or only as a bug remover ?

ETA: after looking at the SDS I think it's two different products. I'll pick up a bucket when I order form KR again.

Last edited:

Damoni88

Reaction score
When i go back to carwash today i will take a picture of the drum. I order 30 gLlons drums of this stuff. I have taight my customers to use it when fighting bugs on their front bumpers and windshield

Damoni88

Reaction score
OK, stupid question: Is the stuff in retail stores the same concentration that KR sells? Dollar general ad says it's 5.00 per gallon. If you are diluting that with a yellow tip and getting good results that's very interesting. Also, in the IBA are you using it as an alkaline presoak, or only as a bug remover ?

ETA: after looking at the SDS I think it's two different products. I'll pick up a bucket when I order form KR again.
I use it as high ph.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I talked to national chemical yesterday. Despite the label and name similarity the two products are not related and are made by different companies. The product KR sells contains a combination of solvents including d limonene. He sounds like he makes a good product so I plan to try some on my next Kleen rite bulk order.

I appreciate the post Damoni88. When someone from South Louisiana says they found a great bug remover I listen. :)

Damoni88

Reaction score
No problem. Glad you got to talk to national first hand to hear about it from them. We have sworn by this for 15 years now and the customers love it. Let me know how you like it when you get some.

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
We use c.a.r. Products, they are owned by dublois who own the blendco name, so they are the same company, i was using the foaming scented bug remover from c.a.r. But then they got rid of it, a consequence of the merger between c.a.r. And dublois.... i had my chemical guy send me a sample of the grape stuff from blendco and it worked great, then he told me the price, over $200 for a 5 gallon pail! Hell no! I was paying $75 per 5. Now we are trying out both bugg off and bug eliminator from c.a.r. Neither works as good.