What's new

Bill Changer Destroyed

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
Last week we had a big storm come in and lots of areas lost power, no power no video, no alarm etc. They broke into the equipment rooms of one of the local car washes and proceeded to try to pry open the Hamilton DRS bill changer, the totally destroyed the bill changer insides, stackers, validators, controllers and they never did get in get into the bill changer. Had they gotten into the bill changer they would have gotten around $500. His insurance deductible is $3500, that’s $3500 that he doesn’t have. He’s looking at least 2 weeks before he can get a new Bill changer, dealing with the insurance company and the holidays. So why lock the bill changer? How many operators have a battery build up on the alarm system and on the video system? We’ve had a battery backup on the alarm system for years. This last year we added a flashing LED light that can be seen from the street when the alarm system is armed, the police like because they can tell from the street if the alarm system is armed.

sparkey

Reaction score
Last week we had a big storm come in and lots of areas lost power, no power no video, no alarm etc. They broke into the equipment rooms of one of the local car washes and proceeded to try to pry open the Hamilton DRS bill changer, the totally destroyed the bill changer insides, stackers, validators, controllers and they never did get in get into the bill changer. Had they gotten into the bill changer they would have gotten around $500. His insurance deductible is $3500, that’s $3500 that he doesn’t have. He’s looking at least 2 weeks before he can get a new Bill changer, dealing with the insurance company and the holidays. So why lock the bill changer? How many operators have a battery build up on the alarm system and on the video system? We’ve had a battery backup on the alarm system for years. This last year we added a flashing LED light that can be seen from the street when the alarm system is armed, the police like because they can tell from the street if the alarm system is armed.
I lock my bill changer so my employee doesn't have access to anything with money in it.

Robert2181

Reaction score
On my insurance policy I have a coverage for money theft from employees or the public. That seems like very high deductible.