What's new

bill breaker that tell status remotely

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I have this one: https://www.standardchange.com/exchangers/bcx1020rl.html

Here's some info on the EF+ module: https://www.standardchange.com/changers/efplus.html

When I bought the breaker it didn't come with the EF+ so I can't speak to how well that works (but it's on my list to upgrade). Otherwise haven't had really any issues with it in the last 4.5 years.
What is the price tag on the EF+? Just curious. On the bill breaker ... also wondering about the success of the "bill recycling feature"?

Overachiever

Reaction score
I think the EF+ was between $400-500 last I looked into it. I guess it doesn't actually recycle, mine has two cartridges that I fill with ones and fives and it dispenses them for anything $10 and above and gives quarters for 1s and 5s. They have models that would give two different coin types and one or two bill types back.

It made a little more sense when I had bill acceptors in all the SS bays but still a lot of people breaking 20s for the IBA.

Randy

Reaction score
A basic Standard Changer/bill breaker BCX-2020RL Rear Load Bill and Coin Changer with 2 cassettes and 2 Hoppers will run you in the neighborhood of around $7000 and up when you start adding the options. A EF Module is right around $350.

cmawash

Reaction score
rowe used to make a bc 1600 bill breaker/quarter and dollar coin machine. when there was a problem the machine would call you with a message. when american changer took over they eliminated the problematic rowe computer with their own design which was a dumb down version of the machine and never came out with a machine that had Rowe,s operation capability . looks like standard changer is the only way to go. expensive but for high volume locations a money maker

Randy

Reaction score
I think Rowe has just about taken their last breath. We refuse to work on them anymore, there repair parts are terrible.

cmawash

Reaction score
we are in the process of looking at new machines, rowe started to go to a new generation but was in poor shape and never over came bugs with software, american changer bought the out, but even they are having troubles seems they bit off to much by buying rowe. hope fully chuck from from triaid can help them out, his machines do work, but do not have advanced features such as message handling. we had to return a bunch of american changer/rowe upgrade units because they lacked new generation features that we wanted and need.