What's new

best Wax tip size

Reaction score
what's the best wax tip size? is it too much wax if you see bubbles? As long as the water breaks is good enough? I don't mind my customers to see the bubbles so they see that they are getting something. Do you need to rinse the Wax? and then use the spot free? is there any drawback of too much wax? (i.e: Then you must rinse it otherwise spots is left on it).
I'm using a red tip on my super savor from coleman hanna. It seems to be too much. this is all perhaps a function of your chemical too.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Red is very strong for wax like it would be very hard to rinse off the car should be coming out like crazy. Also what brand of chemical are you running depends more than anything like how strong the concentration is from the factory some brands are no where as concentrated as others therefore you have to run big tips. You should always rinse wax also with spot free or HP rinse. Another question are you applying this low pressure or high pressure.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Red is very strong for wax like it would be very hard to rinse off the car should be coming out like crazy. Also what brand of chemical are you running depends more than anything like how strong the concentration is from the factory some brands are no where as concentrated as others therefore you have to run big tips and the dilution ratios vary from brand to brand. You should always rinse wax also with spot free or HP rinse. Another question are you applying this low pressure or high pressure.

Reaction score
Red is very strong for wax like it would be very hard to rinse off the car should be coming out like crazy. Also what brand of chemical are you running depends more than anything like how strong the concentration is from the factory some brands are no where as concentrated as others therefore you have to run big tips and the dilution ratios vary from brand to brand. You should always rinse wax also with spot free or HP rinse. Another question are you applying this low pressure or high pressure.
I'm using UltraCherry by Accuchem. I think i'm going to use smaller tip then. My wax is high pressure, like hp soap. what tip size do you recommend ? I changed it to blue now will see in a couple of days if still bubbly.

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
To me red does sound big. Does your setup also allow for adjustment of the diluted chemical flow from the tank to the pump suction? Ours has flow meters on each pump stand and every once in awhile we have to fiddle with the adjustment.

Reaction score
To me red does sound big. Does your setup also allow for adjustment of the diluted chemical flow from the tank to the pump suction? Ours has flow meters on each pump stand and every once in awhile we have to fiddle with the adjustment.
No it goes from the hydrominder to the solenoid valves manifold, and then from there Tees to the hp pump intake from the hot water tank.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
There are too many variables to make a tip recommendation. Hydrominders, viscosity of the product, inlet suction of the pump, valves partially closed,and other factors all play a role. I have had coleman pumping units in the past and have had as big as a beige tip in. Between Red and Medium brown(tan) are very common sizes for me to use for both CCP and HP soap. But I do not use oil based products which can go farther.

Don't obsess over tip color. The best thing to do is observe the product being applied on a car. Mine foams and looks like weak high pressure soap but most importantly noticeably changes the behavior of the water of the car. You should be able to rinse off the product with a HP rinse and still see the water beading or breaking due to the hydrophobic effects.

Reaction score
Don't obsess over tip color. The best thing to do is observe the product being applied on a car. Mine foams and looks like weak high pressure soap but most importantly noticeably changes the behavior of the water of the car. You should be able to rinse off the product with a HP rinse and still see the water beading or breaking due to the hydrophobic effects.
Thanks Greg for the tip....that's what I'm going to do. I already reduced the tip one size butI still like to see a bit a of a foam/bubble like how you said.