What's new

Best soap for brush lubricant

soonermajic

Reaction score
Does it really matter what brush lubricsnt you use?
Can you just use JBS Fonic?
Does it need to be low ph?
Anybody who has ran frictions a lot got a good cheap soap that's fine as a lubricant?
High ph, nuetral...?

Last edited:

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I have heard Hi PH can eat away on the cloth material on a friction I dont know how true that is

soonermajic

Reaction score
Thomas, I had not heard that. You'd think this would be very common knowledge. Or @ very least, all those friction installers would stress that.
Id also think low ph would be rougher on brushers...

MEP001

Reaction score
You're going to call me a condescending prick again, but sometimes that's the only way to answer the questions that you ask here.

The best soap for brush lubricant would be a brush lubricant soap. You don't need low pH or high pH because the brushes are doing the cleaning. You wouldn't brush your teeth with toilet bowl cleaner.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The most lubricating soaps are usually neutral. However, low ph somewhere in the process before the wax/sealants is going to result in a better looking car. But if no attendant prep than you might need a little high to help with bugs, then you benefit from low to help get the high residual off.

Some owners just like to keep it simple, and go all neutral. My istobal is a very thorough washer and if there is a unit on the market that could go all neutral that would be a good candidate. If you are prepping all cars all neutral is not a terrible plan. But then you become overly reliant on labor to make your customers happy.

I inject a low ph additive into my brush rinse water.

Coach, if you wanna try some neutral foamers from quest, try suds up, cherry foamer 3xc, or super suds 3xc, the latter two being hypers.

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
Thanks Greg. Can those hypers be mixed w/ water, like KR's ultra concentrates?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I don't think I've tried, but it shouldn't be a problem. I try to keep things simple and use as it comes. It's nice not to have to handle too much product and their hypers seem to be stable.

washnshine

Reaction score
I am using suds up in a tunnel and it is awesome. Neutral pH, very slick but it does have good cleaning properties. Smells great too as a bonus. I believe you can get it in a hyper concentrate as well.

STXCW

Reaction score
We use a Lo PH for our brush lube