What's new

Best outdoor vending machine?

Bigsambo

Reaction score
I've been looking for awhile for the best outdoor vending machine for high vandal security. I think I've come across the ams outsider as the best vendor but I would like suggestions. Also does anyone have a contact to get this machine refurbished/ used? As well as best price on a cage for it? I'd love to hear some other suggestions as well!

MEP001

Reaction score
I Googled "used vending machine" and found lots of companies. Since freight will be significant for a machine in a heavy cage, you might want to go with someone close to you.

Bigsambo

Reaction score
Yes that's also where I started however most all machines are rated for mostly indoor use so that didn't help me any that's why i wanted to see what most other people are using here for outdoor use. Also i can't seem to find any refurbished machines available for what i am looking was just wondering if there is a better place anyone knows of

Bigsambo

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying shurvend but what exactly is that machine I'm so confused and cannot find a website for them

Rudy

Reaction score
I've had a Shurvend for over 5 years. It's been great, and trouble free....

Bigsambo

Reaction score
That's exactly what i was figuring they were thank you! But who exactly sells shurvend? Are they new or refurbished? Why not just buy Ams machines which aren't rebranded? Little confused about that. Has anyone seen or heard anything about the auto vend + machine?

Last edited:

Overachiever

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard anything about the auto vend + machine?
I'm on my 2nd one of those, first one was totaled 5 days after installing due to vandalism. Sales guy touted the security alarm and stuff but burglar got into in under 10 minutes without triggering the alarm. Now it has a cage around it.

It's almost impossible to see into if you have it facing in a direction that the sun will shine at it.

Otherwise, it has had minimal issues so far... but I've seen several bad reviews on here about the company that makes them so I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

Bigsambo

Reaction score
Ooh I'm sorry that totally sucks was the machine totaled then? Those alarms only go off by topping or impact right? You had to outright buy another one? How much was security cage? Did you buy or build it? We haven't had many problems with vandalism but I know placing something like this is like putting a target on your head!
The guy i spoke to also touted how the machine was so strong it didn't need a cage. He claimed the glass was bulletproof. I asked what it's made of and the response was plexiglass. Not very bullet proof in my opinion? Would you buy another?

Bigsambo

Reaction score
I did notice the weight was 975 pounds 155 lb more than the AMS outsider. So i can only assume it's built stronger...
Still I don't quite have the funds to purchase the cage at the same time so I assume you would recommend waiting?

Last edited:

Bigsambo

Reaction score
Alright that's exactly who i thought was selling them I was just kinda Leary of someone without a proper business site. Also haven't seen anything posted from him recently.

slash007

Reaction score
His machines are completely redone on the outside to be secure. Calling him is the best way, but is very easy to deal with via phone or email and sometimes has refurbished units for sale at a big discount.

Bigsambo

Reaction score
Yeah I just spoke with him I'm pretty sure that's the route I'm going to be going through. He seems like a great guy. Thanks for everyone's advice

Overachiever

Reaction score
I bought a security cage for $500.. had someone build it for me. I had the machine replaced through my insurance. I don't think the alarm has a vibration sensor and only goes off if you break in through the side of the machine that has the lock on it. I don't think I'd ever buy a new machine again but if I could get one used and it worked, definitely.

slash007

Reaction score
to revive an old thread, anyone speak to Jim lately? I need to get a hold of him and wondering if he's been responsive or maybe on vacation or sick. Thanks.

Randy

Reaction score
to revive an old thread, anyone speak to Jim lately? I need to get a hold of him and wondering if he's been responsive or maybe on vacation or sick. Thanks.
I think he's done with the car wash industry. The last time I talked to him he wasn't in the best of health.

slash007

Reaction score
I think he's done with the car wash industry. The last time I talked to him he wasn't in the best of health.
He is finished, but I purchased a Cryptopay coordinator from him and can't use it without getting some more information from him and his permission to Cryptopay. Hope he's around enough to do that.