What's new

Best ceiling booms?

soonermajic

Reaction score
I gotta replace my wall mount FB booms & ceiling booms.
What ceiling booms would you guys suggest?
Spring loaded?
Z booms
Switch to ceiling dual, & do away w/ wall mounted FB?

My customers are used to a ceiling & a wall mounted FB boom.

washnshine

Reaction score
I gotta replace my wall mount FB booms & ceiling booms.
What ceiling booms would you guys suggest?
Spring loaded?
Z booms
Switch to ceiling dual, & do away w/ wall mounted FB?

My customers are used to a ceiling & a wall mounted FB boom.
I’ve always like the spring loaded on the ceiling. If your customers are used to wall mount FB, probably no need to change it to a dual ceiling. I like the FB from the ceiling because sometimes it can feel like the hose is getting pretty tight on the far side of the car with the wall mounts, but if your customers are good with it and it is working for you - I’d leave it on the wall. Just my opinion.

Doug P.

Reaction score
We started using Mosmatic booms about 18 years ago. Having previously used various models we really like Mosmatic. They have a breakaway fitting that serves the same purpose for us as the spring loaded type. We have the Z booms at several sites and from the customers perspective it is pretty nice eliminating the hose slap while using the foam brush.

Doug P

soonermajic

Reaction score
We started using Mosmatic booms about 18 years ago. Having previously used various models we really like Mosmatic. They have a breakaway fitting that serves the same purpose for us as the spring loaded type. We have the Z booms at several sites and from the customers perspective it is pretty nice eliminating the hose slap while using the foam brush.

Doug P
So, are those ceiling mount dual booms?
If so, you have trouble with tangling?

MEP001

Reaction score
Mosmatic's Z booms are nice, but they're crazy expensive and the swivels are expensive and seem to be prone to leaks. Dralco Z booms don't look as nice but they do the job just as well for about half the price, and they use any boom swivel or even a gun swivel with a street elbow.

MEP001

Reaction score
Don't do the dual if you're at all worried about tangled hoses. Also they're $2300 each, twice as much as two Mosmatic Z booms.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Tangled hoses do worry me, bit we don't have dbl booms right now
But i don't have a lot of Faith in my customers to use em correctly, nor put em both up properly.
I do love the idea of a Zboom w/ LED lighting, synchronized to your functions. Pretty cool

MEP001

Reaction score
There's a really nicely upgraded wash I pass by a lot, it was remodeled with Mosmatic Z booms about three years ago. After about a year several of the lights had quit working. I stopped by just a couple of days ago and none of them work.

soonermajic

Reaction score
There's a really nicely upgraded wash I pass by a lot, it was remodeled with Mosmatic Z booms about three years ago. After about a year several of the lights had quit working. I stopped by just a couple of days ago and none of them work.
Dang man, quit raining on my parade
😰🤣

Roz

Reaction score
The small LEDS never seem to last, happens on the Razor Luma arch in less than one year, so we would recommend not using the LED strings. They are a pain to change too.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Both my LumenArches went out, but on both of em it was just a small fuse.
Cost like $3 to fix, & took 3 minutes.

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
Wish it was that simple. Some of the LED lights work, just a lot of are out, and they are in series so the overall line works. We just stopped replacing them - customers really don't care about them. The Spectra Ray lights are more impactful.

Doug P.

Reaction score
So, are those ceiling mount dual booms?
If so, you have trouble with tangling?
All of our Mosmatic booms are ceiling mount. Occasionally we have a tangle but not enough to be a problem. We have some locations with 3 Z booms (FB and dryer) and some with 2. One location with straight Mosmatic booms and wall mount for everything else. Longest lasting swivels we have ever used but they are expensive.

Doug P

Scott220

Reaction score
I’ve had the led booms for years now and would not recommend! Nice in the beginning but as expected over time if there’s any impact they do go out. Replaced strips a couple times only to occur again.