What's new

Best aluminum sealer?

SCWSMatt

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post here.

I'm the district for 4 locations of a small Michigan chain. Doing some improvements and finally found a decent machine for refinishing aluminum arches.

What would you guys recommend to seal them and prevent corrosion again? Looking for something with some lifespan obviously. Thanks in advance. IMG_20210923_155004114.jpg

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is automotive paint. I can't really think of what else would work.

SCWSMatt

Reaction score
So one recommendation from the guys at brink results is, "fluid film". It's just something you spray on and wipe in. Experimenting with it right now vs just leaving it bare. Also ordered some pontoon polish to try.

A clear coat like you're talking would definitely work but i just wonder how it will hold up to the harsh detergents over time. Would have to be stripped off again to reseal at a later time as well. Definitely an option though.

David Rolf

Reaction score
I would take a look at POR-15 products. I've used them for years and with the proper prep work will last a long time.

New Washdog

Reaction score

I'm the district for 4 locations of a small Michigan chain. Doing some improvements and finally found a decent machine for refinishing aluminum arches.

What would you guys recommend to seal them and prevent corrosion again? Looking for something with some lifespan obviously. Thanks in advance. View attachment 4291

What would you guys recommend to seal them and prevent corrosion again? Looking for something with some lifespan obviously. Thanks in advance. View attachment 4291
I would recommend looking into either anodizing or something like this https://www.totalboat.com/product/a...MIv9TVzo-Y8wIVLQaICR2n9wigEAQYASABEgKKj_D_BwE

MEP001

Reaction score
I would take a look at POR-15 products. I've used them for years and with the proper prep work will last a long time.
I haven't used either product myself, but I've been told by a number of people that Chassis Saver outlasts POR-15, protects better, is cheaper, and comes in several colors.

SCWSMatt

Reaction score
I really appreciate your responses! I've got a few more options to try now. Going to do some experimenting and I'll report back with results