What's new

Belanger Saber B/F Butterfly Jam

Etowah

RockyMountain

Reaction score
We have a Belanger Saber that keeps throwing a fault code: B/F Jam. Belanger suggested I replace the motor and gear box at around $1500 plus shipping, but I am convinced it is something electrical. We replaced the motor and that made no difference. The prox sensors seem to be operating normally as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

will351

Reaction score
Did you ever fix this yet? We had the same problem with our Vector this week. Basically the metal ring that the sensor reads was uneven. We pulled the whole manifold off and cleaned out everything and put it back together. Then we noticed that the ring bowed slightly when we tightened it down. So we left it semi-tight and so far it's working.

RockyMountain

Reaction score
Did you ever fix this yet? We had the same problem with our Vector this week. Basically the metal ring that the sensor reads was uneven. We pulled the whole manifold off and cleaned out everything and put it back together. Then we noticed that the ring bowed slightly when we tightened it down. So we left it semi-tight and so far it's working.
What ring did you tighten?

We did fix ours. The motor went bad. Unfortunately, Belanger quoted me prices for the motor and for the gearbox seperately, but when it came time to buy, they would not sell me just the motor. So I have an $800 gear box sitting in my equipment room collecting dust! I am not real happy with Belanger on that front. Anything to make extra money off their current customers...