What's new

Bad idea to have 2 IBA machines side by side with different wash package options?

slash007

Reaction score
I have a Soft Gloss and a touch free side by side and am only able to add lava to the soft gloss should I choose to do so. I am interested in adding it, but don't like the idea of the machines having different wash packages/prices. Is that a big deal, or am I just overthinking it?

Touch free is at $6-8-10-13, soft gloss would go to (probably) $6-9-11-15.

Reaction score
I think the different pricing is fine. I have touch free alongside mini tunnel and no two prices alike. No one as said anything once they notice they are different machines and styles.

slash007

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Anyone have two IBA's side by side with different wash packages?

pgrzes

Reaction score
I dont think it is a comparison!! If you had 2 of the same machines then you would want to keep things common, but with 2 different setups there would seem to be justification to have different pricing points. Just my opinion!!

slash007

Reaction score
I guess it isn't a big deal. The only problem is that codes for one won't work on the other like they do now. I sell wash packages and you can use either machine since the wash options are exactly the same.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I have two different machines (soft touch and touchless) next to each other with different pricing options. It's okay, it's two different offerings. However, if it'll break your selling of wash packages, you might want to consider which is more important. Re-educating your clients or keeping the pricing the same so you can market your codes as you always have.

slash007

Reaction score
I really don't sell many packages. I only offer them through the Entry Unit and maybe sell 1 a week. It was just easier to be able to have rewash codes that worked on both machines or have the discount wash packages work on both.

Scrub Free

Reaction score
I think keeping it the same is important if you want to use any loyalty program. If they were different than offer 3 identical washes in both bays then 1 top wash in the fricton only for a decent price increase.

Last edited:
Etowah

slash007

Reaction score
I don't offer a loyalty program as it is not attended enough to market it. Idea to keep 3 wash options the same might work... I actually considered that, but didn't like the jump from $10 to $15. I feel like it might drive more people to the $10. That's why I was thinking of jumping the $10 to $12 and adding lava to that wash as standard. Is $5 a crazy jump that will discourage people from the top wash?

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Jumping the price by 50% is not a good idea. $3 would probably be as high as would be okay.

slash007

Reaction score
Jumping the price by 50% is not a good idea. $3 would probably be as high as would be okay.
That's what I thought. I guess I would have to go with $15, 12, 9, 6. I would increase my $8 to $9 with no additional features just to keep the gap similar between washes. I do like the $2 gap better, but can't do it with a $15 top wash.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
That sounds like a better pricing strategy. What is the competitive pricing in your area?

Scrub Free

Reaction score
The $3.00 Max increase makes sense. I put my basic wash at 8 then 10 12 13 I think if you can sell a $15.00 wash you could pull more from your lower washes. I will increase my to washes once I upgrade.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
don't over think it.

make your $15 wash dump tons of soap, polish, wax and high pressure so it's worth it.

if it's not worth it, the customers will let you know.

jprb

Reaction score
I have two Soft Gloss machines side by side. One has the color wave, and a dryer ($5,7,9,12). The other does not ($5,6,7,9). I have a top wash on with the color wave & dryer at $12.00. Both washes have the same $9.00 wash. The $7.00 washes are similar, with the dryer added to the machine equipped with it. The wash without the color wave/dryer has a $6.00 wash. Both washes have a basic $5.00 wash.

JRPB

slash007

Reaction score
For those of you with the Colorwave or any brand of lave effect, what are you guys calling it on your menu boards?