What's new

Are Those "Cigarette Receptacles" Worth Getting?

Carl

Reaction score
I don't smoke so I don't know the habits of smokers...do they mostly toss their cigarettes onto the ground when done smoking or if you provide "cigarette receptacles" at your self-service car wash site, does that really help a bunch? I'm talking about those freestanding receptacles that have a narrow piece up top where you insert your cigarette that's connected to a larger "bin" down below which collects all the butts which drop down the tube.

16 years doing this business I've never purchased them following that saying of, "If it's not anchored down they will steal it or knock it down, etc." I just guessed those things would be a hassle and smokers wouldn't really use them OR...I'd be interested to hear if those really are helpful to have on site from your experience?

Thanks! ~ Carl

OurTown

Reaction score
We have them and guessing 80% still get tossed on the ground. Every one that goes in is one less to pick up so they might be worth it. Hard telling.

Jim64

Reaction score
They used to have those where I work and people would put all sorts of small trash in them. A stinking smoking mess was the result when a lit cigarette was dropped in. I’d rather sweep them up. Pick your poison.

Green_As_a_Gourd

Reaction score
I put a 3' piece of electrical conduit in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and poured a few inches of concrete in it. It has no value and it gets cigarette butts thrown in it pretty regularly as well as other small things that would be thrown on the ground. Worked for me.