What's new

Ancient aliens ?

mac

Reaction score
Saw a show on Discover or History channel that was really thoughtful. It showed ancient ruins that were constructed out of huge blocks of stone. We're talking over 100 ton pieces. Some of the ruins are around 6 to 8,000 years old. One located in Mexico shows amazing fit and detail work. It is just crazy to believe crude stone age tribes could have quarried, carved, and assembled these things. Some could not be done today with the machines and techniques we have available. Some details about the great pyramids are also mind boggling. The people would have had to quarry, carve, and transport and lay about 5 stones every second for a few years. Yes that was before labor unions and OSHA, but the Egyptians didn't even have the wheel.

dogwasher

Reaction score
Saw a show on Discover or History channel that was really thoughtful. It showed ancient ruins that were constructed out of huge blocks of stone. We're talking over 100 ton pieces. Some of the ruins are around 6 to 8,000 years old. One located in Mexico shows amazing fit and detail work. It is just crazy to believe crude stone age tribes could have quarried, carved, and assembled these things. Some could not be done today with the machines and techniques we have available. Some details about the great pyramids are also mind boggling. The people would have had to quarry, carve, and transport and lay about 5 stones every second for a few years. Yes that was before labor unions and OSHA, but the Egyptians didn't even have the wheel.
Great series! I have seen them all. Incredible

mac

Reaction score
The carving work shown on these large stones in Mexico is just incredable. It would be difficult to duplicate it today in a factory. How did they coordinate the pyramid construction? They had no walki talkies or cell phones. How could they communicate exact dimensions to a quarry many miles away for each stone? Most people just don't want to think about things like this. Someone, or something, must ahve helped and guided them.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I've watched about every episode of that series. This one fascinates me more than many. Check link:

http://www.earthmatrix.com/serie26/pakal.htm

This is taken from the article:

The human figure portrayed in relief on that stone slab has become known as "the astronaut" to some; as "Pakal", a maya ruler, to others. From the glyphs one may view the subject as Pakal; from the visual theme one may see something that looks like a spacecraft within which he is seated. Pakal appears to be seated at a control panel within a housing device, very similar to today's space capsules. This relief sculpture has been dated at around 690 our era, when there were apparently no space vehicles in existence; that we know of anyway. Pakal's posture and positioning appear to reflect the concept of movement, with his body leaning slightly forward, as though he were travelling towards a specific point, in a particular direction. Hugh Harleston, Jr., in 1974, produced a very vivid image and detailed analysis of the possibility for interpreting Pakal's housing device to represent a spacecraft. We should like to further that analysis by adding the concept of movement to the interpretation.

In the area where this sculpture is, archieologists have found a lot of little sculptures of objects looking like little airplanes. With verticle stabilizers! There is no bird that I know of that has a verticle stabilizer, so where did the idea come from to make the sculpture? Fascinating...

I'm also amazed at the huge stones weighing 100 tons or more shaped and stacked together with such precision that you can't fit a credit card between any stone. How did they do that? Even with our technology today, we can't reproduce that.

I find that series very interesting to say the least....

Had to be ALIENS!!! :)