What's new

American Changer has multiple Issues

California

Reaction score
My American Changer Paystation with internet (Only 18 months old), will only take the bills half way in. I have a Wash World HV and MARS Validator and Coinco. American changer sent a new validator, new keyboard, all three boards. The Coinco lights all show that they are working properly. The IPTRANS went out and is not in machine it is with American Changer being updated.

American changer put the boards, the validator, the keyboard and hooked to a display at their tech support office. Everything worked there. When we receive and put in the cabinet and hook up. It won't take cash, change, or anything. They won't do anymore. They say the problem is on our end. I'm lost, not sure what to do next. I am questioning if the protocol got changed. It is set to full protocol but there are three boards in this new machine, logic board, flex board, and speaker board.

Any one have any ideas?

MEP001

Reaction score
Try loosening the validator mounting hardware.

Is the red LED on the Mars on steady?

California

Reaction score
Try loosening the validator mounting hardware.

Is the red LED on the Mars on steady?
Yes the light is on steady now but was blinking a fast light for a while. Thank you I will try loosening the mounting hardware.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
The blinking light indicates an issue with the validator itself. It may blink a code, which you can read by the list on the stacker. It will blink constant if the stacker is removed.

California

Reaction score
Hi. I loosened the validator screws and it took the money and turned on the wash. The second time it did not work.
Do you know if it is normal to have a fast blinking yellow light on circuit board where the keypad and where the validator plugs in. All my other lights are either red or green.

California

Reaction score
Yes but it does not mention what lights should be off or on and the color. I called the tech back but it is difficult to get through. I’m thinking of replacing the harnesses since that is only thing that is only item American Changer used that they did not send new to us.

MEP001

Reaction score
There should be some sort of diagnostics. What's the model of the cashier? I'll see if I can find the manual and look at it.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
What happens if you cycle wash in use? I’m wondering if this is possibly a stacking issue and then machine is disabling coin and bill acceptors. American has 3 different protocols and when we updated our boards with new ip trans we also had to increase relay on time on the American changer settings for everything to stack correctly. Just thinking out loud here.

California

Reaction score
What happens if you cycle wash in use? I’m wondering if this is possibly a stacking issue and then machine is disabling coin and bill acceptors. American has 3 different protocols and when we updated our boards with new ip trans we also had to increase relay on time on the American changer settings for everything to stack correctly. Just thinking out loud here.
Where did you increase relay times? Is that on display or carwash? Its worth checking out.

California

Reaction score
Thank you. I’ll check it out. I really miss Lenny. He retired.

California

Reaction score
Thank you. I’ll check it out. I really miss Lenny. He retired.
Hi, My relay times were low and I changed it but didn't seem to make a difference. Now I am getting a red flashing light on Validator showing connection disabled. I'm thinking it must be the harness.