What's new

American Changer AC1005 Jackpotting

Mojo_Carwash

Reaction score
I have an American Changer Model AC1005 that intermittently jackpots. has anyone ran across this problem. My machine is only 2 years old. I contacted American and they thought it was probably the hopper.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bill may be talking about this thread, but there was no resolution ever mentioned.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Ahhh, good ole' American changers............

I just had a fellow operator call this morning. He can not account for random amounts of money missing from his American. Just curious, does it run until empty, or is there just large variations in the amount of money that you are collecting?

Mojo_Carwash

Reaction score
Yes it does continue running until i reset it. I am sure that I am not being strung.

Mojo_Carwash

Reaction score
I spoke with American this morning and they are sending me replacement parts for my changer even though it is out of warranty. I may use them until I can replace the entire unit with a different brand. They claim it is either the card in the hopper or the main board. Still doesn't replace the $600.00 I lost.

cebo

Reaction score
I'm the fellow operator. I have an American 2005 (converted to Mars). Also have a 13 yr old Hamilton DRS (converted to Mars). Business has $ucked so bad for the past 2 years I got paranoid and started keeping up with my numbers over the past few weeks. The DRS is right on every week. The american, which I get my counts on the board might be on for 2 weeks then off by anywhere from 50 to 300 bucks a week. I have not had any jackpot problems. I have cameras I have been constantly monitoring, my clean up guy has known me since birth (and who I trust more than my mother and works harder than me) has no access to the changers (cant catch him on the cameras either). This has to be a changer issue. I plan to shut the american down for a few weeks and see what happens. All validators are Mars, so the only variable is the changer / hopper. Anyone had similar issues?

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I'm the fellow operator. I have an American 2005 (converted to Mars). Also have a 13 yr old Hamilton DRS (converted to Mars). Business has $ucked so bad for the past 2 years I got paranoid and started keeping up with my numbers over the past few weeks. The DRS is right on every week. The american, which I get my counts on the board might be on for 2 weeks then off by anywhere from 50 to 300 bucks a week. I have not had any jackpot problems. I have cameras I have been constantly monitoring, my clean up guy has known me since birth (and who I trust more than my mother and works harder than me) has no access to the changers (cant catch him on the cameras either). This has to be a changer issue. I plan to shut the american down for a few weeks and see what happens. All validators are Mars, so the only variable is the changer / hopper. Anyone had similar issues?
All my Hamiltons are off. But it is the mechanical counter in the changers. It will sometimes randomly miss count when it dispenses. Could this be your problem?

dclark3344

Reaction score
Yes it does continue running until i reset it. I am sure that I am not being strung.
Got the same thing happening here It will just spit out $50 to $100 after breaking a dollar bill.
My attendant has caught it 4 times now