What's new

Airlift door sensor failure.

Starrwash

Reaction score
Recently had airlift door opening approximately every 10-20 minutes then closing. I had just recently installed new sensors (eyes) normally on failure the door stays open. But be aware if you experience this strange failure condition.

BriggTrim

Reaction score
Hi..... A tad of a stretch, yet I need the wiring bridle from the traveler side bumper. It interfaces the mist, horn, and outside encompassing Temp sensor. How much for you to cut the tackle by the entryway forward. Was in a mishap and mines got destroyed.

John J Spokas

Reaction score
Hi..... A tad of a stretch, yet I need the wiring bridle from the traveler side bumper. It interfaces the mist, horn, and outside encompassing Temp sensor. How much for you to cut the tackle by the entryway forward. Was in a mishap and mines got destroyed.
Oh Yea! That's what I'm talking about.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Recently had airlift door opening approximately every 10-20 minutes then closing. I had just recently installed new sensors (eyes) normally on failure the door stays open. But be aware if you experience this strange failure condition.
Hopefully ... this does not create a possible safety issue. Fear of potential sensor problems is one of the reasons we are the only ones who activate the closing or opening of our airlift doors via our more forgiving ZAP Brand (than other operators). Air cylinder operators may be safer than the chain driven though ... I am not sure??? I am not sure if Airlift still sells the ZAP overhead door operator-systems?

John J Spokas

Reaction score
The most likely problem is misalignment or sensitivity on your door safety photo eyes and if you have the automatic close timers then the doors could open occasionally due to this misalignment/sensitivity or some other obstruction ( I've had customers place things like ladders near the eyes not realizing what they do), followed by a timed close. An intermittent problem, the most fun to troubleshoot!!

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Old posts, but I had trouble with mine last Winter. It finally turned out to be corrosion between the common and door up terminals in the control box and only those two terminals. Replaced the terminal block after the second "growth" and no problems since.