What's new

Air Vending Machines.

carwashireland

Reaction score
I own a few and they do great. My washes are attached to gas stations though which means more throughput. Make sure you get retractable hose reels and a digital readout to see the pressure! We average $500 a month per site!

mac

Reaction score
I've set up a few and they do well. We simply install a coin box with a timer and air solenoid, and a hose reel. Then connect it to the shop compressor. Good idea to put a seperate air regulator on that line to prevent people from blowing up tires. And, trust me, they really make a loud noise when they blow.

KleanRide

Reaction score
I own a few and they do great. My washes are attached to gas stations though which means more throughput. Make sure you get retractable hose reels and a digital readout to see the pressure! We average $500 a month per site!
Any brand/model recommendations? I’m looking for a fully contained unit that can be wall or pedestal mounted.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I like the JE Adams because of the way the coin box is not readily visible and the type of security.

chaz

Reaction score
I feed my air line with a rubber air hose through the attic. Once it hits outside I switch to pipe. I use a kip solenoid and a shared timer and coin/bill acceptor with one of my vacs nearest the building. A simple toggle switch lets customers switch between vac or air. One price either function. Then I added “AIR” decals to the vac. Simple and pretty basic...maybe $75 in parts

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought mine used for $40. self-contained, wall mount. With a new decal, mine looks great. Makes $10-20 per month. More of a convenience for customers, but still a profitable one. I have replaced coin acceptor and hose so far. Not expensive to maintain!

Eric H

Reaction score
I have one for sale. This one is painted steel not Stainless Steel. Make me an offer you pay shipping from Fitchburg,MA
These look great painted to match your washes colors with a custom decal. Mine make about $100-150 a month. I charge $1 and give plenty of time (about 7 minutes) and make sure they always work. Customers know that my equipment is reliable, unlike the gas stations

Attachments

carwashireland

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the type we use. We typically like to set them up so that you have Air on one side and screen wash on the other. Typically charge a dollar for 5 minutes. (Well as we are in Ireland it is a Euro.) Machines have a digital pressure display with auto cut off when tyres are correctly inflated. Also have an internal safe and compressor.

Attachments

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
As per a previous thread some of us just added an option on our vacuums.

Tougher to track the exact time-dollars received with on the existing vacuum format. In our local area there is still "free" use of air at many gas stations. Ours tends to be more reliable & is set up with an expensive high end Cox Smooth Retracting Hose Reel which prevents winter freeze ups etc. The reel & Kip Solenoid is inside where it is kept warm & protected.

I am thinking that possibly carwashireland's setup was much more expensive to setup than many of us could get a good enough ROI on ... especially if we are competing with "free air"!