What's new

Air Logic Spot Free Assistance

Roz

Reaction score
Anyone have an Air Logic Spot Free manual? Cannot locate one on their website nor can I reach Air Logic (messages to their tech line go unreturned). I heard that Mark sold the company but figured that the tech support line (877 number on their equipment) would continue to work. No joy.

Our system normally can produce 700-900 GPD but we ran dry last weekend when slammed. Turned off the system to allow it to breathe for a day. Changed the membrane and the prefilter. When I turn system on we only produce reject water, product tube never goes up no matter how we adjust the settings. We can make the amount of reject flow vary with the knob but not the product tube.

Wondering if I am overlooking something simple (ie priming or something else like a fuse)? Just before I turned off the system the orange low pressure light came on briefly however does not come on now with a restart.

Anyone with experience with this SF system? Thanks....Jordan

Attachments

Roz

Reaction score
Nope. Was careful removing and replacing it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Installing the membrane backwards wouldn't make any real difference - the seal on one end is just there to keep water from flowing around it.

Was the membrane new and in a sealed package?

What kind of pressure are you getting on the system gauge? It should be at or just under 200 PSI.

What does/did this fitting and hose go to?

IMG_2373.jpg

mac

Reaction score
Just stay from Air Logic. Bad juju.

Roz

Reaction score
Membrane installed correctly was careful. All replacement parts are new from KR. Disconnected Hose on top is an old reject hose when we used to send to the drain. We now capture our reject water and use it in the automatic wash process.

No pressure or minimal. Not like normal but cannot find an issue with the air hose. I do suspect the issue is related to air but nothing jumps out at me.

MEP001

Reaction score
What air hose? There shouldn't be any air going to an RO unit.

Roz

Reaction score
I have no idea how this system works. I assumed the pressure was from air

MEP001

Reaction score
No, the pressure is from the Procon pump. Maybe it's bad.

Roz

Reaction score
Checked the SF again today, pressure is at 50-60 PSI and I cannot seem to change it or the Product tube with any of the knobs anymore.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
Checked the SF again today, pressure is at 50-60 PSI and I cannot seem to change it or the Product tube with any of the knobs anymore.
That's probably the incoming city pressure you're seeing on the gauge. That points harder to the Procon pump being bad. A Procon is a positive displacement pump, so you can test it by removing it, filling it with water and either capping the outlet or holding your thumb very tightly over it. If you can turn the shaft without resistance or if pressure doesn't come out, it's bad.

Roz

Reaction score
Will test. I see several Procons on the KR website. Wonder if I need to replace it if I can upgrade it to a higher producing unit or if that would create issues?

MEP001

Reaction score
Reactions: Roz

Roz

Reaction score
I emailed Air Logic and just received this message. Thanks to all for the assistance, will see if the Procon is the issue or if the manufacturer has some insights.

"Attached is a manual from the company that built your system. We bought Air Logic in November of 2020 and haven't sold any RO Systems, so I don't have a lot of knowledge on them yet. Water Tec's phone number is 520-790-1512. They can probably help walk you through your issue. "

Randy

Reaction score
I emailed Air Logic and just received this message. Thanks to all for the assistance, will see if the Procon is the issue or if the manufacturer has some insights.

"Attached is a manual from the company that built your system. We bought Air Logic in November of 2020 and haven't sold any RO Systems, so I don't have a lot of knowledge on them yet. Water Tec's phone number is 520-790-1512. They can probably help walk you through your issue. "
At least the new owners are honest enough to admit that they don't know $hit about what they bought in Nov. 2020 and gave you some contact info. Here's a link to Water Tec web site

Roz

Reaction score
This is the cheapest one on Kleen-Rite's site and is also the highest output model. You can use it and either dial it back internally or adjust it with the system controls.

Thank you for the lead, issue was the Procon pump. Once it was replaced the system worked as expected.

Mrsrackey

Reaction score
I just saw your post from 3 yrs ago. I have an Air Logic LP800 . Since putting in card readers I have gotten a bit busier and have run dry of spot free twice causing an air buble in the line and the pump running dry. I am in the process of putting a bleed off valve in the line so hopefully this will be a quick fix in the future.
My system is 1 1/2 yrs old. The installer (no longer in business) said to back flush the carbon filters . This has never been done. Can anyone help walk me though that process? Thanks for any help I can get!

Roz

Reaction score
I just saw your post from 3 yrs ago. I have an Air Logic LP800 . Since putting in card readers I have gotten a bit busier and have run dry of spot free twice causing an air buble in the line and the pump running dry. I am in the process of putting a bleed off valve in the line so hopefully this will be a quick fix in the future.
My system is 1 1/2 yrs old. The installer (no longer in business) said to back flush the carbon filters . This has never been done. Can anyone help walk me though that process? Thanks for any help I can get!
You need to Google the manual for your system. It should show you how to setup the system so it automatically back flushes based on a schedule. Our system runs that function probably once or twice a week.