- Jul 25, 2013
- Reaction score
- Citrus Heights CA
In 2018, I went with Diskin's Air Shammee II, that has 1 - 4.5HP motor, mounted on my 5 bay walls. Our dryers get a lot of use. $10k investment was paid off in 3 months (per hour meters). Over the past 4 years we have improved their system as we found flaws... It might be over-kill but it's eliminated complaints from customers and increased customer satisfaction!
Here's a link that shows photos of the many improvements we've made -
- Added SS elbow (from Mosmatic) because hose clamp was cutting into the hose.
- Added plastic vacuum cuffs to the elbow with self-tapping screws to help the hose stay on the boom elbow
- Upgraded the hose clamps on the hoses. The original ones weren't strong enough to tighten around plastic corrugated dryer hose.
- Added in-line swivel (Mosmatic)on the boom plate because short hose would kink when the boom was used.
- Replaced their nozzle with Air Logics nozzle. Diskin's nozzle has an inner baffle that restricts the air flow & the back pressure caused a lot of problems (holes in hoses, hoses blowing off the end of the boom, rivets falling out of the nozzle). Also, customers didn't like holding the trigger while using.
- Upgraded their sign with liability risk due to higher air speed.
- Remounted the boom bracket through the concrete bay wall using 10" bolts, to support the added weight and welded the boom sections together.
- Added 3' boom extension (from Mosmatic) to reduce stress on the dryer hose & better reach over customers vehicle.
- Upgraded wand holder