What's new

Additional Self Serve option " SNOW FOAM " what are your thoughts ?

softsuds

Reaction score
Very popular with people that detail cars.

Would it be possible to add a feature like this to the self serve bay ?

Here is a YouTube link to see what I'm talking about....

http://youtu.be/xQsFMj7IX_s

Would this be an idea that could be easily added to the high pressure
Side of your equipment ? It's definitely a good SHOW !!

It's hard to get people to use " pre-soak ", maybe this would work better ?

I'm thinking a downstream injector pulling in air with a solenoid to open/close
The incoming air port ?

Thoughts ?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I looks like a foaming presoak to me. Better than a non-foaming presoak? Yeah, maybe... unless customers perceive it to take too much time, I'd have to think about that.

It's hard to get people to use " pre-soak ", maybe this would work better ?
I disagree, pre-soak sells well at my car wash. Also, if you cant get people to use presoak are you thinking the show of this product would get them to use it?

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
But the product is really a pre wash and only removes dirt and grime if the car is clean on a regular basis. That could be an issue? I like the foaming though.... I think that shows great. Just a stronger product?

MEP001

Reaction score
This product isn't very different from the tri-foam in how it applies. I don't see getting the coverage as you see in the video from a high-pressure tip, but it should apply well from a separate foam gun.

softsuds, can you share a brief video of what your presoak looks like as it's applied? If your customers aren't using it, I'd look into why. Like Paul, I see lots and lots of customers using presoak, and the cost is very low (A pail that costs about $120 lasts around 45 days).

softsuds

Reaction score
softsuds, can you share a brief video of what your presoak looks like as it's applied? If your customers aren't using it, I'd look into why. Like Paul, I see lots and lots of customers using presoak, and the cost is very low (A pail that costs about $120 lasts around 45 days).
I think I didn't explain myself very well. I'm actually slowly, By myself remodeling an old as wash. Building the equipment myself, etc....

I was just wanting to run the concept by everyone. Would injecting air into the high pressure side give more show on functions like high pressure soap ? Wax ?
Or maybe a new cycle like " Foam Pre-wash " using a high foaming
Detergent while injecting air at high pressure ?
Just doing some thinking to try and set my wash apart from others.

I realize not every customer will use every function.
There are the customers that will never use presoak even if you
Show them the dirt running off the paint when applied.
You have customers that will " rinse off" the spot free rinse with regular rinse!!

My thought is this.... Would it be possible to have a function that would put on this type of show in the self serve bay
Using the same high pressure wand without a lot of equipment modification?

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
As a general rule high foaming products do not have as much detergency as true cleaners like a presoak or tire cleaners. The reason is both related to chemistry and cost. Most surfactants are built to either support cleaning or produce a good show. It is difficult and expensive to build one to do both. Some hand truck washes use a foam gun much like you see in the video. The product used in it is fairly expensive and you need to use friction to get the job done and they don't usually rinse too well. I don't think injecting air will help without having the right product.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Would injecting air into the high pressure side give more show on functions like high pressure soap ? Wax ?
Or maybe a new cycle like " Foam Pre-wash " using a high foaming
Detergent while injecting air at high pressure ?
Where are you going to get air at 1000 PSI to inject into the high-pressure? And no, it won't apply like that at high pressure, and it would be ridiculously expensive. I'll prove it if you like, I've done it before.

My thought is this.... Would it be possible to have a function that would put on this type of show in the self serve bay Using the same high pressure wand without a lot of equipment modification?
I said before, not likely. The high-pressure tip is too small to get that kind of volume at 100 to 150 PSI.