What's new

Adding new option off of stop switch

wyatt

Reaction score
I recently added air dryers to one of my washes and people seem to really like them and it costs me basically nothing to run them.

Anyways, I want to add air dryers to a different wash but that particular wash has a 7 option rotary switch (presoak, tire & engine, spot free, foam brush, HP soap, HP rinse, HP wax, and then Stop). I can't bring myself to take any of these option out to replace it with the dryers. I also don't want to upgrade my faceplates either to accommodate a new switch.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has run an option off of their stop button. Like when someone turns the switch to Stop maybe an external light could illuminate and then from there a separate button could be pressed to turn on an air dryer. Hopefully I explained that well enough.

OurTown

Reaction score
Why couldn't you put in 10 position switches and have new decals made for your doors?

wyatt

Reaction score
They are old Ryko doors and I would like to keep them (great condition decal and doors). Also just went through the process of upgrading doors and decals at a different wash to GinSan and I'd prefer not to go through that process again.

wyatt

Reaction score
That's true, I do like that idea. I wonder how the decal would fare being put over an existing decal?

OurTown

Reaction score
That's how ours has been for over a year and has been sticking to it really well.

MEP001

Reaction score
I always remove old decals first. It can be a lot of work but the old decal will likely start to crack or peel under the new one at some point.

You can use a 3-stack 8 position switch and not have a stop position. I've done it before there were 10 position switches. You connect the seven outputs on the third stack to a SPDT relay, run timed load to the contact's common and keep it energized until the position that's usually "Stop" is selected, then you get power from the relay via the normally closed of the relay.